Surgery Bound!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Surgery Bound!

Postby delasama » 02 Feb 2013, 12:43

how are you jess?
im still praying for u
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Jessjess » 02 Feb 2013, 16:06

Thank you Delasama! I am getting along okay today. Slept well last night. I took a couple of Aleve with my hydrocodone 5-500 and it actually worked! I think my body keeps adjusting to the medication. It's very frustrating. Then my sister gave me one of her Percosets and it's working too. I'm not sure how much codeine is in it, but I am going to find out!
So I've been able to tidy up a bit which feels good to be able to find things! My whole family has been helping me with whatever. I started taking Gas X last night and no more excruitiating gas! My mother also rubbed my back which felt good and was very sweet of her. :)
Thanks for prayers! I think it's working. Image
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby marg6043 » 02 Feb 2013, 18:52

Jessjess, good for you girl I hope you get all the problems fix and everything will be nothing but a smooth recovery.
My fissure is almost one year old now and while I have learn to manage the discomfort and no longer experience the excruciating pain I know that is no healed and that never will heal on its own.
So please let us know how well and no so well you are doing after surgery and this will help some like me to take a final step.
Good luck. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Jessjess » 03 Feb 2013, 07:13

Thanks Marg! 1 more day to go! The pain subsided yesterday to a manageble level due to laying on my belly and not sitting down all day. I think i was putting too much pressure on it by sitting on the heating pad or even laying on my side. I will do the same today. Tomorrow kind of scares me (2 enemas before operation). It's just something I'll have to bear in order to get my butt fixed, which I CAN DO!
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mamalucia » 03 Feb 2013, 08:32

I'm surprised they want you to take 2 enemas. The label says never take more then one in 24hrs...I'd address them on that before you put your rectum through that.
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Jessjess » 04 Feb 2013, 17:11

Hey everybody! I feel great right now and it's been 6 hours post-op. The surgery went well, fissurectomy and LIS. DOC said that my pain from surgery should be less than before surgery. I'll take it! Of course I'm taking Percoset 5-325 every 4 hours so I feel NO pain! The nurse said the pain would be for a couple of days if I felt any. Image
I'll continue to update you with my progress. Thank you for being there for me during a VERY scary chapter of my life! Image
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 04 Feb 2013, 17:55

Hi, Jessjess, I am so happy for you that everything so far is going well, hopefully you be back to your regular life better than ever.
I will be in the doctors office this wed and will have a long talk with him about my options.
Please rest and be comfortable but whenever you have time lets us know how things are going.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Mamalucia » 04 Feb 2013, 19:14

Glad things went well!! Continue the high fiber diet U have adopted from your journey because percocets are usually a pain when it comes to constipation! Excited to hear about all your progress!!
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Jessjess » 05 Feb 2013, 07:11

I started getting the sensation back at around 9pm last night with swelling. I was up and down all night purposefully with the ice packs to diminish the swelling which worked. Still some bleeding as expected.
Yes, I have continue high water intake, salad, apple, brocollli, toasted raisin bread with 3 extra prunes cut up with butter (yum!), Colace, etc. I had to drink extra coffee this morning to get things going and I dreaded the BM this morning, but it wasn't bad at all. It's MUCH easier to GO!
Right now, I have the burning sensation but no stabbing pains! The Percoset will kick in soon and the Tucks pads (witch hazel) helps with that as well.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sotiredofthis » 05 Feb 2013, 07:37

Glad you are doing so well. Please keep us updated!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33