In so much pain and sadness...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

In so much pain and sadness...

Postby bootyhurts » 01 Feb 2013, 20:11

Hello. I am glad to have found this website and I hope someone will take the time listen to me. I think I'm feeling sorry for myself because I'm just so tired of my condition. I've gone through 3 prescriptions for the compounded suppositories and I canceled my surgery on Wednesday. THere has to be some alternative methods of healing. Has anyone tried any? I've gone raw vegan and it hasn't helped at all. I'm going to the bathroom all day and night and this just makes it worse. I'm pretty convinced that if I get the surgery that I will be among the 10-30 percent that have fecal incontinence. I just want to try everything before I take that step.
I can't function right now and haven't been working out for months... I'm not even convinced that it's not something more serious. My doctor said that from the outside there was nothing that looked serious. I still need to get a colonoscopy later.
Has anyone tried acupuncture or any other alternative remedies?
I hope I didn't go over on the introduce yourself topic... Image
bootyhurts

Topics: 1

Re: In so much pain and sadness...

Postby suzyljank » 01 Feb 2013, 20:53

Hi, I understand how you feel. Please don't be afraid of the LIS surgery. The incontinence they are talking about is very low, I never heard of 30 percent. If you do get some it's usually related to gas and resolves once you heal. If your butt is super tight the LIS relaxes it some which improves the blood flow so your fissure can heal, it also helps stop the spasming. Make sure you have a good CRS. You can continue to give the ointments and suppositories a try but if you have a long standing fissure LIS is worth a try. Make sure you are taking a stool softener, drinking enough liquid and adding fiber to your diet. Try to stay away from food that constipates you. For me it's too much red meat and eating too much at once. Eating small meals throughout the day helps. I even eat pasta, I just switched to the high fiber kind, it tastes the same too. You could also find a doctor who does dilation, there are a few on this site who have had success with this too. I hope you find some relief soon, take care Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby PIA » 01 Feb 2013, 23:01

Hi,
We all feel your desperation. Firstly you need to find a way relax yourself mentally. Your mind is running away with the things that might happen. Stress and anxiety are major contributants to slow our healing. All that we have is right here and right now. We cannot know what the future holds for us. I gather you are having frequent BM's. This is quiet likely to cause a lot of irritation to the fissure and cause more spasms. We have to try and find a happy balance between too many and the dreaded constipation. Our aim I think is for soft , smooth BM, ideally once a day. Find a routine and diet that works for you to achieve this. Take the time to read the posts on here. There is a massive amount of experience that you can source. You know your body and your own history. Look back into your life and source those times when your diet and lifestyle produced the "ideal BM". It is about a month since I felt where you seem right now. I have not tried everything that has been mentioned on this sight because fortunately the basics seem to be getting results. They included.
1. Visit to an excellent CRS with a view to Botox and LIS if I can't heal myself medically. Get a diagnosis so you know what you are dealing with.
2. Read all I could about AF. Both here and other info online. Keep in mind that a large percentage of people who get an AF are healed promtly and never need to find a site like this.
3. Start a diary of my daily activities including diet, activity,BM's (type, frequency and pain or blood associated with them.) Identify the type and duration of my pain and try to work out where and why it was happening. This way I can look back and see if I am improving without getting too emotional about it.
4. Avoid constipation at all costs.
5. Big diet changes. Reducing amount of processed foods. Heaps more fresh fruit and veges, chicken and fish. i have reduced the total bulk of what i used to eat. Much smaller meals more frequently.
6. Increase water intake to 8 glasses per day.
7. Added Metamucil, Movicol and Magnesium to my morning breakfast which is oatmeal and prunes atm. Coconut Oil ( tablespoon) orally at night.
8. Warm baths after every BM and when hit with painful spasms. Vaseline around area before BM.
9. GTN ointment around and in up to three times a day at my worst times. Ibrufren orally for pain relief in early stages.
10. Slowed my life down as much as possible. More quiet times doing restful things such as watching the ocean, sunrise, sunsets, meditation, controlled breathing. Learning to deal with what life has thrown at me today rather than the million possibilities that could be round the corner.
The reality is some people can heal themselves without surgical intervention but we are all unique and what works for one of us may not for another. You will be the best judge of your own healing which will be assisted if you can keep your mind in the present and deal with this affliction one step at a time. I wish you more and more pain free, peaceful moments. Xx Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby marg6043 » 03 Feb 2013, 10:15

bootyhurts, like Pia said you need to relax your mind, I know is difficult when dealing with pain, but you need too.
Is OK, to be afraid of surgery, is OK to be apprehensive of side effects but unless you doctor tells you that you are at high risk for side effects from surgery you have nothing to worry about but trying to get better after surgery if you chose to do so.
Almost all the post I have read here in this forums tells that the incontinence is temporarily and goes away in not time as your anal muscles regain their strength.
I am there with you, I have been waiting to take the big step about surgery because I am also afraid, not because side effects but because worry that it will come back again.
But is all risk we most take in life. Only you can make the decision to take that risk.
Lose stools are not good for fissures and neither having too many BMs a day, so you may have to go over your diet and see what you are doing wrong.
I hope you find a way to get your fissure discomfort under control so you can control it and it doesn't control you.
I am very active person and I know how it is not been able to do exercises and work out, but thankfully now I control my fissure and am living an almost normal life again, I exercise as usual now but I have learn to avoid certain things that can make the fissure angry.
Trial and error is how you learn to cope with this condition without surgery, you have to understand that while fissures can heal eventually for some, for others is a life on going problem unless we chose surgery as an alternative.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Understand your pain

Postby GGky1959 » 06 Feb 2013, 13:57

bootyhurts wrote:Hello. I am glad to have found this website and I hope someone will take the time listen to me. I think I'm feeling sorry for myself because I'm just so tired of my condition. I've gone through 3 prescriptions for the compounded suppositories and I canceled my surgery on Wednesday. THere has to be some alternative methods of healing. Has anyone tried any? I've gone raw vegan and it hasn't helped at all. I'm going to the bathroom all day and night and this just makes it worse. I'm pretty convinced that if I get the surgery that I will be among the 10-30 percent that have fecal incontinence. I just want to try everything before I take that step.
I can't function right now and haven't been working out for months... I'm not even convinced that it's not something more serious. My doctor said that from the outside there was nothing that looked serious. I still need to get a colonoscopy later.
Has anyone tried acupuncture or any other alternative remedies?
I hope I didn't go over on the introduce yourself topic... Image

This is all new to a lot of us and thank God for sites like this. Unlike most people here, I don't have the kind of medical support that most people have here. I have a doctor and a surgeon who pretty much have told me, to eat this, take this and in a few weeks you'll be okay. I hate going back to the doctors because I have to meet my 2grand deductible before they'll even consider anything else. For people like me, its all about the dollars with my healthcare providers....so I'm pretty left alone.
Thus far for me, its eat less foods, eat high fiber foods, drink plenty of liquids and wait to go through extreme pain when its time to poop. After poop, take 4 Aleve until the next round...its been that was for the last 2 months. I've tried the oils, the creams, the suppositories, the gels, and nothing eases the after pain, but the pills.
One good thing, the massive amounts of bleeding has stopped for now. Is that a good thing or bad, I have no clue. I'm just praying to God that sooner or later this thing heals on its own. Other than that, I'm just at a lost.
I wish you luck
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby janucheekoo » 08 Feb 2013, 02:19

bootyhurts
i understand you are in pain and sadness but what to do in this situation. first you need to find out what causes you that fissure.
contipation
hard stool
lack of water
sitting for long time
abuse of lexitives
weight gain
or weight loss
or your system have lower protein digestion.
when you will find the roots of that problem then and there you will fix it.
there are some suggestions
1- do not take pain killers like ibu motrin or naproxin
then will make your blood thin and stool hard and add more time to healing process
2 hot water, heating pads and rest is the best option
try walking if you can.
3 drink lots of water and try not to have hard bowl moment
4 you may quit meat for a while
5 eat your meal on time sleep on time and do not skip meal try to eat a balance diet.
6-always remember you body has the power to heal it by itself you need to understand your body how it respond to different things and treat it .
7 and there is nothing in this world that god has not created its cure.
hope you feel better
janucheekoo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby delasama » 08 Feb 2013, 13:25

Like surgery?
I wish I had insurance . I'm not scared of lis. I might get it in a month. I just wish that it won't put me in debt forever!
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby GGky1959 » 08 Feb 2013, 18:25

janucheekoo wrote:bootyhurts
i understand you are in pain and sadness but what to do in this situation. first you need to find out what causes you that fissure.
contipation
hard stool
lack of water
sitting for long time
abuse of lexitives
weight gain
or weight loss
or your system have lower protein digestion.
when you will find the roots of that problem then and there you will fix it.
there are some suggestions
1- do not take pain killers like ibu motrin or naproxin
then will make your blood thin and stool hard and add more time to healing process
2 hot water, heating pads and rest is the best option
try walking if you can.
3 drink lots of water and try not to have hard bowl moment
4 you may quit meat for a while
5 eat your meal on time sleep on time and do not skip meal try to eat a balance diet.
6-always remember you body has the power to heal it by itself you need to understand your body how it respond to different things and treat it .
hope you feel better

I am literally overdosing on Aleve, its the only thing that eases my pain....please advise on what type of medication one can use after a BM. I am desperate, desperate desperate...crying at my desk is not an option and waiting upwards of 5 hours for the muscle to relax, I can't do.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 08 Feb 2013, 18:30

delasama wrote:7 and there is nothing in this world that god has not created its cure.
Like surgery?
I wish I had insurance . I'm not scared of lis. I might get it in a month. I just wish that it won't put me in debt forever!

I have insurance and its worthless......and my surgeon wants 1/3 up front.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 08 Feb 2013, 20:54

I have taken pain killers when my fissure was in the worst and those were mostly all the time while the fissure was fresh, I always gave me some time in between for my liver to recover.
But sadly only time and a lot of tender loving care to the area where the fissure is help ease the discomfort and pain.
Is not magic cure, I know, anybody that have fissures knows, but is light at the end of the fissure tunnel of pain.
But only time will heal or make the pain more bearable.
I am truly so sorry that so many people have to go with pain and suffering of a fissure, I been there and I know how bad it can get.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8