Surgery Bound!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Surgery Bound!

Postby marg6043 » 05 Feb 2013, 07:40

Jessjess, seems you are doing great compare to other people that have the procedure done and what they have posted at the same time post op.
I am very happy for you, relax and rest if you can, remember this is your most important time, the healing time.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby CrackinUp » 05 Feb 2013, 10:45

So pleased it went well for you, keep us posted on your progress :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Jessjess » 05 Feb 2013, 13:46

Update- After the sitz bath this morning, the intense burning started. The pain was a 9 Image till I decided to use the fan on my butt and it brought it down to around a 3, thank God! The Percoset is not working as well as it did yesterday and last night. Go figure. I knew I would have pain, so this is par for the course. At least I am on the road to recovery and not stuck in limbo waiting. Image
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby marg6043 » 05 Feb 2013, 15:16

Jessjess, that's ok, you just have surgery the area is raw and very irritated, when I used to get that burning back when my fissure was fresh, I used to put ice on it, what a relief. Be carefulul with the water in the sitz bath, some people find relief with very warm water, but for some somewhat cool water is better.
Hang in there girl you are doing great so far. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Jessjess » 05 Feb 2013, 18:34

Thanks Marg! I hope you are doing better too. :)
The pain has subsided. I look forward to waking up in the morning without fear!
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jessjess » 06 Feb 2013, 06:46

2nd day post-op- Feeling MUCH better! Image This morning's trip to the bathroom was okay. No more bleeding and I believe I can cut back to just 1 Percoset every 4 hours for today, maybe just switch back to NSAIDS.
Whoo hoo! Yesterday (2nd day) was rough so I am very glad things are actually improving. It seems like a miracle! Image
Last edited by Jessjess on 07 Feb 2013, 06:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 2nd day, not 3rd day
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mamalucia » 06 Feb 2013, 09:39

Woohoo!! So happy things are getting better for you!!
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Jessjess » 07 Feb 2013, 06:28

3rd day Post-op Update- I am sore and there is a slight burning sensation. Yesterday I was feeling good and finally got some sleep during the day with the Percoset. I had to go to the bathroom around 5pm which was a bit of a struggle and it scared me. I decided to star taking the Miralax again even though I feared that it would burn. This morning's BM was fine, no burning, and I will continue with the Miralax. I went ahead and took 1 Percoset since the pain is not that bad though NSAIDS are still not strong enough. Hopefully within the next couple of days, I'll be able to get through the night without ice packs and waking up to take painkillers.
I hope to get some laundry done today and it's my sister's birthday so the family is going out for Thai food tonight. :)
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 07 Feb 2013, 08:21

Jessjess, watch out for that thai food. Image I had to give up my spicy treats because you can feel them, when the Bm comes.
I am so glad you are doing great, actually better than many that had the same procedure and have posted their experiences.
I had my doctor visit yesterday and it seems my fissure is healing, slowly but healing so he gave me the choice of another 4 months to see if things keep getting better.
So I will wait and see.
Take care of yourself and don't push to much on trying to go back to normal too soon.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Jessjess » 08 Feb 2013, 07:43

That's great Marg! I'm so glad you are getting some relief and that you have a good doctor.
Update on recovery- 4th day Post Op: Last night I slept better than I have in over a month! It seems the recovery process it slow like everyone has said. Every day I am getting better though. Each day of recovery adds a couple more hours of sanity, pain-free and pain-killer free time. Yes, I am going to take it easy though I really want to do more.
The Thai food was awesome last night! I took care to order a light dish, nothing spicy- the Vegetarian Pad Thai with Tofu. It was perfect. :D
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist