Anal pressure (want to push feeling)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Anal pressure (want to push feeling)

Postby Reni » 06 Feb 2013, 22:07

Since hem surgery my bm became a mess. Before I didnt have any problem. And docs tell me that my strange bm is not related to the surgery but I read lots of people's story and most of their bm messed up after hem surgery.
I take stool softener once a day or one in a two day. The problem is that I would have diarrhea if I eat vegie or any processed (or not home cooked) food. Today I had 2 episodes of diarrhea
I ate vegi soup thought it is ok now ;(
I would be constipated time to time. So, I really don't know what's wrong with my bm.
Also another big problem is I have frequent bms a day. If I have 2 bms im lucky on that day.
Because, after bm my life just stops. I have so much discomfort afterwards. I would have only 2-3 hours of relieve which is when I woke up in the morning and until the bm. Symptom is little better during night time as I get up to feed my daughter. Other than that I can't function all day. I would think if it was pain maybe I could manage it with painkiller. But when I read here seems like pain is pretty hard to deal with too. maybe even worse
how do you feel after bm? how long would you have pain? Do you have any other symptoms than pain?
I'm really sorry that you are going through this.
What's your plan? How long are you going to bear it? Are you going to consider the surgery?
For me, it's hard. I don't have that much pain, but discomfort is a lot. and I really don't know if surgery is going to fix it or not. Even docs don't know whats causing this nasty sensation. They could only guess. But colonoscopy identified that I have a fissure. So, maybe surgery would be worth it ... I'm having mixed thought. Also, what I understood is that AF could happen again and again even it get healed at a time. So, again maybe surgery is the option anyway.But again what if things get worse. Maybe it's worth waiting to heal. Same time my insurance will stop in April if I don't go back to work as a full time. My husband is getting me back up insurance which is way expensive than I have now. So, if I have surgery after April probably it would cost more than I have it now.
How is you sex life? My husband is afraid to touch me ;( it has been long without any sex life
I drink a lot! I think that helps a lot to have a soft bm. Try to find what kind of food works best.
For me :
warm water with honey and vinegar first thing in the morning - 16oz
oatmeal with some raisins alternate with fiber one cereal
one orange
slice of wheat bread / with avacado or without anything
hot tea - like green tea or my traditional milk tea
garorate/water
insure or lunch (salmon, rice, seaweed salad, dried seaweed, rice or kinoa (dont know the spelling, also i'm tyring to type as fast as a could while baby is sleeping))
drink hot tea (herbal tea)
slice of bread (I love bread) with plain yogurt
maybe some fruit like figs, strawberry, mandarin, apple etc. But i have to be careful with fruits as gas makes my symptom even worse.
in the evening insure or some fried meat or broth (I can't stop meat) maybe another bread.
Everybody here is eating vegi and fruit but those makes me sick (diarrhea or gas) so what can I do ;(
oh I started taking chewing fiber.
I hope we can get through this together and get back our life back. To be the best moms!
Reni
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Reni » 06 Feb 2013, 23:16

Hi Suzy
How r u? I took your advice and stool softener started working. Should I go ahead with LIS after a month or should i wait little longer
Please advise.....
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Reni » 07 Feb 2013, 18:48

Update.
Well, actually I'm feeling pretty good today. Like I said in my earlier post I almost have some believe that I will not need a LIS. But, based on my experience tomorrow could be a hell day for me. So, it's too early to believe. I would start believe it if I have at least 3 days of consistent "feeling good" day.
I wonder will I ever eat kimchi again ;(
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Reni » 08 Feb 2013, 16:53

I had diarrhea again. One step forward then one or two steps back. From bath to toilet toilet to bath. I slipped and hurt my leg. Little swollen and pain is getting better. I could've broke my leg. Be careful people. One positive thing that I ve noticed is that side effect of nitro cream almost gone. One less thing too worry.
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Reni » 09 Feb 2013, 19:09

oh well, another diarrhea. Unfortunately my doctor did not have answer for me why am i having diarrhea time to time. Stool test came negative. I will call him on Monday and ask him if I have IBS ;( I forgot to ask about it last time.
But seems like if something wrong in the colon or rectum area bm becomes weird. But doctors are not saying that though. I hope I don't have IBS its just temporary due to of my hem surgery and AF.
I really think I need a LIS asap
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Zulay22 » 09 Feb 2013, 23:13

Hi reni
I had LIS earlier this week. Recovering now. First couple of days were the hardest for me since my bm were still hard, and passing was extremely painful. I have had a couple of better days now. I am hoping that keeps up! I am keeping up with the warm sitz bath three times a days and the mirlax regime the dr has me on. I really don't like how it makes me feel with the excessive gas and abdominal pains. This has not been easy to do with a baby to take care of but I was lucky to have my husband take off work this week. I could not have made it without him.
What really scared me this week is that I lost another 4 pounds:( I need to be healthy for my baby and the fact I am nursing. ...more to share as I journey through this.
Zulay22
Fibre Addict

Postby Reni » 10 Feb 2013, 20:55

Hi Zulay,
I'm glad you had your LIS. It will be success! You are a brave girl! You are breastfeeding with this condition. You are a very good mother! For me I planned breastfeed but after I had hem surgery my milk production just stopped. I guess I was physically ill and mentally tired. Combination of these trigger it ;(
That's good that your husband is able to get some time off from work. It is very hard to go through something like this with the baby.
I really wish that you recover fast and live happy normal again. We gotta take care of those little ones Image
yesterday I took imodium right after I had 2 episodes of explosive diarrhea.
I did not have bm today until now. I guess i did not eat much yesterday and today.
Even I did not have bm I still not feeling normal. maybe more mentally not normal as I am thinking of bm all the time.
Did you talk to your doctor about your weight loss? probably you are not eating well/enough because of having fear of BM.
Your doctor should have some advice. My doctor told me to stick with insure. So, even I'm eating less than usual I drink insure and my weight has been ok.
Please keep us updated if you get a chance.
I will probably talk to my doctor to having LIS sooner instead of waiting another month unless miracle happens one of these days ...
You really gave me encourage to be strong. I tell myself that there is someone like me and he is staying strong and even breastfeeding ; )
I have been sedated quite few times since the delivery and that made me really kind of "stupid" I am so forgetful and even my english got horrible as you can see it from my post.
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Reni » 14 Feb 2013, 20:31

Update:
I went to see my surgeon and he did examine my butt as usual. It did not hurt much as it did before. He said that my scar tissue is better and anal stenosis is much better too. But he still could not see the fissure and don't know what's going on. I will see my GI doctor on 25th and he will be able to tell how my fissure is. Hopefully it is healing.
But unfortunately none of the doctors could tell or treat the feeling that I have... which has took over my normal life...
don't know what to do
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Reni » 15 Feb 2013, 01:08

Now I do believe its a spasm. Today it has been worst ever. Now I cant sleep. I think I'm gna go ahead with the surgery. I cant take it anymore. I could stand the pain but this sensation
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Zulay22 » 15 Feb 2013, 08:56

So Sorry to hear Reni ! What is the sensation that you are having?
I am due to have my post op visit with my surgeon next Monday. We will see how everything is progressing. My pain has diminished greatly but the key is to continue maintaining my stools soft. I think that was my problem the first few days after surgery. I was in a lot of pain.
Zulay22
Fibre Addict