Weird skin growth over rectal area

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Weird skin growth over rectal area

Postby marg6043 » 04 Dec 2012, 20:36

ajl1239 wrote:Sorry you are going through this :(

No problem and thanks,
Well I think that the blood that I see on the toilet paper after a bm sometimes after a flare up, is actually coming from the fissure that is at the base of the skin tag or sentinel pile, mine extends from the inside around the border of the anal area and kind of hangs in the site like skin that is been stretched. It is a difference between a skin tag and a sentinel pile, when I look in the mirror to the area I can see the whitish beginning of where the fissure is in the center of the pile.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby sufferer » 07 Feb 2013, 04:58

What is the difference between a sentinel pile and a skin tag? I have two adjacent to each other. How do I know whether it is an external pile or a skin tag?
sufferer
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby marg6043 » 07 Feb 2013, 07:52

sufferer wrote:What is the difference between a sentinel pile and a skin tag? I have two adjacent to each other. How do I know whether it is an external pile or a skin tag?

A skin tag is what we tend to call everything that looks like a piece of skin hanging, they are usually easy to snip as they tend to have a thin base and bigger at the other end.
A sentinel pile usually is the sign of a chronic fissure, they look like external piles and get swollen, protrude from the anal opening and hang from the inside out and the fissure is usually located at the base of it, on in my case it feels like slightly on one side the thickest side of it.
The skin tags and sentinel piles can be removed but sentinel piles when they are not large usually will shrink back, mine is too large now for that and is just like stretched out skin that hangs in there.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8