3rd Day Post Fissurectomy and LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3rd Day Post Fissurectomy and LIS

Postby Jessjess » 06 Feb 2013, 07:15

It's my 2nd day (not 3rd- whoops) post fissurectomy and LIS and I am feeling MUCH better! Image
Yesterday was rough with the pain from surgery, but today the intense pain has subsided. It is much easier to go to the bathroom and there is no major pain.
I am still reading new posts and posts from fissure sufferers who are trying to heal themselves. After the pain that I have been through and the depression/anxiety I can't imagine not getting the surgery!
Thanks again everyone for your support and well wishes! Image
Last edited by Jessjess on 07 Feb 2013, 06:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 2nd day, not 3rd (whoops)
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Re: 3rd Day Post Fissurectomy and LIS

Postby CrackinUp » 06 Feb 2013, 08:02

This is the best news. :)
I too don't understand people's unwillingness to have surgery. Nobody should put up with pain like this every day of their life if it can be avoided!
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby sotiredofthis » 06 Feb 2013, 15:00

So glad you are feeling better. It's encouraging to hear. I'll be following your recovery very closely.
For what it's worth, I'm one of those who is terrified of the surgery. I never in a million years thought I would have to have surgery on that part of my anatomy. I suffer from IBS and the incontinence possibility scares me to death. I also have 4 kids at home and that poses more complications with recovery. Right now I'm just living for the good days.
Again, so glad you are feeling better. Can't wait to hear more of how wonderful things are going for you!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby Jessjess » 07 Feb 2013, 06:40

Update for today- I am sore and there is a slight burning sensation. Yesterday I was feeling good and finally got some sleep during the day with the Percoset. I had to go to the bathroom around 5pm which was a bit of a struggle and it scared me. I decided to start taking the Miralax again even though I feared that it would burn. This morning's BM was fine, no burning, and I will continue with the Miralax. I went ahead and took 1 Percoset since the pain is not that bad. Hopefully within the next couple of days, I'll be able to get through the night without ice packs and waking up to take painkillers.
As far as incontinence, I have had none. They always tell you there is a slight chance, and I had to take it due to the pain being incapacitating. I NEVER want to have to deal with this again in the future. I pray that I won't.
I plan to do some laundry today and go out to dinner for my sister's birthday. Thai food! It will be something light, but at least I can eat without worrying so much about the other end!
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 07 Feb 2013, 13:13

So glad you are doing so well!
Surgery is a great option for some people, but it isn't recommended for many others, usually due to some other underlying cause like IBS, IBD, higher risk of incontinence due to multiple childbirths or the anticipation of future childbirth, age, diabetes, and a whole range of other reasons. But for those who can have it, and who recover well from it, it is a great thing!
Wishing you the very best in your recovery!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby sotiredofthis » 07 Feb 2013, 14:14

So good to hear how you are doing. Have fun tonight! I'm sure it will feel so good to just get out.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby Jessjess » 08 Feb 2013, 07:55

Update on recovery- 4th day Post Op: Last night I slept better than I have in over a month! It seems the recovery process it slow like everyone has said. Every day I am getting better though. Each day of recovery adds a couple more hours of sanity, pain-free and pain-killer free time. Yes, I am going to take it easy and continue to rest, though I really want to do more! Image
Thanks again everyone for your well wishes! It's hard to keep up with them all, but I appreciate each and every one of you! Image
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby fedupandsore » 08 Feb 2013, 08:27

Jessjess wrote:Update on recovery- 4th day Post Op: Last night I slept better than I have in over a month! It seems the recovery process it slow like everyone has said. Every day I am getting better though. Each day of recovery adds a couple more hours of sanity, pain-free and pain-killer free time. Yes, I am going to take it easy and continue to rest, though I really want to do more! Image
Thanks again everyone for your well wishes! It's hard to keep up with them all, but I appreciate each and every one of you! Image

I did pm you but have just come across this post! So glad you're on the road to recovery hun. :) I have my op tomorrow :D
Looking forward to it but also very apprehensive obviously, but it HAS to be done, I cannot continue to live like this.
Were you in hospital for long after you woke up? Or were you sent straight home? I imagine I'm going to be VERY sleepy tomorrow when I wake up
Xxx
fedupandsore
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Jessjess » 11 Feb 2013, 22:08

Hello fedupandsore! I actually got to the hospital at 8am, an hour early, and I told that I was in too much pain to sit down. They got me into a room quickly, did the necessary vitals check, inserted the IV, and gave me pain meds till my surgery which was at 10:45.
After the surgery, I guess I was in the hospital for an hour or so. I had no pain upon wakening and then for the remainder of the day.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Anya324 » 12 Feb 2013, 13:50

Glad you're doing well!! Keep your stools soft and do lots of site baths!!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8