what to do aftre surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

what to do aftre surgery

Postby Fissulyna » 12 Nov 2007, 01:47

Hi guys,
Tonight I am seriously contemplating having LIS. I would appreciate anybody who already had LIS to give me some tips regarding recovery.
!) Do you need to continue to use those nitro and Ca blocker creams still until fissure heals?
2) Do you need to continue with those stupid baths and for how long?
3) what can you safely use as a pain reliever without causing constipation ?
4) Is the pain after LIS worse than fissure pain those first couple of days?
5) do you have check-ups with your CRS afterward and for how long?
Thanks in advance <3 <3 <3
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: what to do aftre surgery

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Nov 2007, 07:00

!) Do you need to continue to use those nitro and Ca blocker creams still until fissure heals? My CRS told me "no," and I didn't...

During the 2 weeks after the surgery you will need them more than ever, then after that, i didn't. They even put me in a whirlpool after my surgery in the hospital. My Mom's hot tub saved my life during my recovery...

Anything non-narcotic, I would think..

Mine was not nearly as bad. Just a soreness. Now, in the minutes immediately after the surgery, I felt like a cherry bomb blew up in my arse. But after that, it just felt sore, with the soreness diminishing every day. Sometimes it would throb for a minute or two, but that was rare.

Yes, I was scheduled for two, but I only went to the first one..
Fissulyna, below is a link to the write up/thread I did about my surgery. It's pretty long, but if you read it all you'll see that even though I had some complications after the surgery that were specific to me, for the most part it went fine. I went by the name "Hugh" back then, a year ago, but it's me, Kim..
http://anal-fissure.org/considering-surgery-or-already-had-it-f1/hugh-a-perfect-ass-t60.htm
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 12 Nov 2007, 10:33

!) Do you need to continue to use those nitro and Ca blocker creams still until fissure heals?
my surgeon recommended using the nitro, as i was still having pain after my first surgery...but i had already thrown it away and didn't get a new prescription. so i think it is possible to use the creams.
i'm 6 1/2 weeks out from my 2nd surgery and still taking 1-2 hot baths a day. but i'm not healing so that's probably abnormal. the nurses say take 3-5 baths a day for 2 weeks after surgery
i use lots of ibuprofen. i took a few percocets right after the surgery and was constipated for 3 days. i'd recommend using a more mild over the counter pain killer if you can handle it.
i can't answer this b/c i'm not healing and i still have the same kind of pain every day.
i had my first post-op check up exactly 2 weeks after surgery. i have another one this week, which will be 7 weeks after. i'm not sure how most people do it, but that is also what i did after my 1st surgery.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 12 Nov 2007, 15:06

Thanks Juney and "Hugh Grant" ; ) !!! I will go and read Kim's complete story now ... Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 22 Nov 2007, 21:24

I wonder why I only had one check up after my surgery..I am really starting to wonder..I have switched to a new clinic starting in the New Year..It is quite a travesty what I have put up with there.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Nov 2007, 08:26

My doctor was wanting at least two, but I cancelled the second one since I was doing so well, as I would have had to take off work and travel about 90 miles.
Who can say why they are all so different, Noelle. I am left with the impression that your CRS just did not seem willing to put out much effort in your healing process and that is not a good sign.
I hope the new clinic has their act together...best wishes..
Deleted User 5