nitr cream does it work

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

nitr cream does it work

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2007, 06:32

Hi everyone
I have been trying this nitro cream .02 for about 4 day's now, i have heard so many stories about if it works or not, i am getting so discouraged, does anyone have any experience with the cream does it really help.
and from what i have read it really does not help to have an operation for it, people are still getting them back or they are not healing. I have also heard of Dr wheagrass cream how well it work's but you just don't know what to do any more.
i am a christian, and i believe in the rapture, and you don't know how bad i want it to happen
so that none of us have to stay here and suffer any more.
I never realized how many people have this problem. I feel for all of you, you get to where you want to cry and just give up.
love you
all
marvin :(

Re: nitr cream does it work

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2007, 11:17

Hi Marvin,

I don't take the nitro cream but I did use Diltiazem and that helped me heal. I had to use it for 4 months and combine that with 3-4 baths a day and a strict diet regimen but I did get better.

For most people the operation does take care of the problem. But it does not cure the fissure. It just relaxes the sphincter to allow healing to occur. So after surgery you will still need 6-8 weeks for the fissure to heal. But it will take care of the spasms at least.

Yeah, having a fissure can feel like hell on earth sometimes. I can understand feeling so desperate that you hope for the end times!

I know that fiber doesn't seem to work for you but there are other things to try:
Flax seed oil
Fish oil
Acidophilis
Miralax
Milk of Magnesia
I just ordered a new supplement recommended by one of our boardies to try that has a Yam fiber and probiotic that is supposed to keep stools easier to pass without bulking them up.

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2007, 12:32

never heard of yam fiber where do you get it at.
sounds like you have the same problem with bulking also
marvin

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2007, 16:26

It is called Natural Avantage Chronic Constipation. I saw it on Amazon.com and ordered some.

When I first found this board I was taking 20 fiber pills a day and then learned that it was creating more volume and bulk than I needed. I still eat a lot of dietary fiber and I think it can be useful it you get the right amount of soluble and nonsoluble.

My favorite fiber supplement is Fibermucil which has a great balance of both plus probiotics. I am curious about this Natural Advantage stuff so will try that.

I eat a huge bowl of All Bran Buds every morning and that seems to help.