Surgery Bound!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Surgery Bound!

Postby Jessjess » 13 Feb 2013, 08:06

Too much activity! I really need to keep my work drive to a minimum. If I do too much it starts to hurt a little and I have to rest for a few hours. I guess that is a normal part of recovery. I am still taking 3 sitz bath a day, am (after BM), mid-afternoon and pm (after BM).
I'm still wearing a gauze pad in between my cheeks. I can feel the stitches and I want to make sure they don't rub and irritate. Does anyone know how long we are suppose to wear the gauze? What is going to happen to the stitches? Do they dissolve and how long does it take?
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Jessjess » 16 Feb 2013, 22:45

I spoke with the nurse and she said that I didn't have to wear the gauze unless I just preferred to wear it due to the stitches pinching me. She said to use A&D ointment to soften the stitches so I picked up a tube and it has been working. There are still hints of pain and I am still taking a couple of sitz baths a day to help continue healing.
Life is almost completely back to normal and I am looking forward to going back to work! This is my last entry for this thread. Thanks everyone so much for reading and happy trails!
Edit- see entry below- fissurectomy site burning- normal part of recovery?
Last edited by Jessjess on 17 Feb 2013, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Still recovering with questions- thread NOT done!
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 16 Feb 2013, 23:25

Jessjess, I am very happy for you and your fast recovery, is nice to see that you are among the success stories of LIS so far, trust me, if my fissure decides to get angry again and I find my way back to day 1 I will have no doubt about getting the LIS, I know that in my case it will be a good choice too. :D
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby delasama » 17 Feb 2013, 14:40

I'm so glad your healing is going so well!keep us posted on your success story Image
I see a crs in a couple weeks to see if I need lis too Image
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Jessjess » 17 Feb 2013, 20:28

Okay, forget out ending this thread. Now my fissurectomy site is burning. I had used A&D ointment to soften up the stitches but now I'm afraid that it might have softened them up too much. The site where the stitches were is like a red ring with pink tissue inside of it. Has anyone experienced this with their recovery? I stopped using the A&D and applied witch hazel with gauze to make sure it stays dry and doesn't get infected.
I will call the doctor tomorrow to make sure this is a normal part of recovery. I have not idea what to expect and what it should look like so I'm kind of frightened right now. :roll:
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 17 Feb 2013, 21:58

Jessjess, don't worry, remember that you have stitches and that your skin was actually clip so burning is expected as the area starts to heal, I know for a fact that when the tissue is healing is going to shrink causing the skin to pull apart a littler, that doesn't mean is opening again but rather feels like it.
I am glad you are going to call the doctor and hopefully they will reassure you that this all part of the healing process.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Jessjess » 18 Feb 2013, 22:21

Thanks Marg! I felt better today after I stopped using the A&D. I think it was irritating it. So I went back to just using the witch hazel to clean it, and then gauze to keep it dry.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 19 Feb 2013, 07:11

Yes, keep it clean but perhaps a littler bit of moisturizing cream will help, the area is healing and will cause itching and will feel tight when is too dry.
Just work with what will help you the best to keep yourself comfortable while healing.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby richibeno » 19 Feb 2013, 07:44

Hi I think when the wound is healing it feels tight and achy 'its scar tissue so it is tougher and harder '
Mine feels like this I had a fistula if I move quick I can feel it more'dont know if I should put some kind of cream on it when I know it all healed maybe
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby marg6043 » 19 Feb 2013, 14:50

richibeno, that is what happens with scar tissue, is never like the regular tissue is harder and will be itchy for a while.
I think some type of moisturizing will help keep the scar tissue flexible, massaging the area also if is no painful or with inflammation.
marg6043
King Fissure