Hello. New here and in pain!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello. New here and in pain!

Postby Tighty » 11 Feb 2013, 10:39

rawhide, I keep a packet of baby wipes with me when I'm out and about and when I go to work. It makes a world of difference!
Tighty
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby rawhide » 18 Feb 2013, 16:19

Well I'm almost healed at the spot where the skin tag or whatever it was was removed. However...the dr did not stitch the thing and now there is a grand canyon like thing there and it hurts! There is scabing over on one little area but that large slit worries me some. Will it always be there? It seems like if he stitched it it wouldnt.
Anyway, now I have hemorrhoids which I did not have before and it feels like I have all these little paper cuts that I didnt have before. All of my problems were with a fissure or fissures on the inside and that huge tag, and now that the tag is gone I have all these other problems on the outside that I didnt before:(
Can you use stuff for hemorrhoids as well as using the nifedipine for the fissures? I want these hemorrhoids gone! Between the swelling of the hems, the swelling of the tag site, and the tightness I have since the removal, I can hardly get a syringe in for the nifedipine! Forget a finger!
On a more positive note, the pain is not as excruciating during a bm. On a 1-10 scale it was a flaming, raging 10, now it ranges from 2-5. The spasms are still up there though!
rawhide
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby marg6043 » 18 Feb 2013, 19:04

rawhide, first you need to find out if what you are having are hems and not just swelling from the surgery.
Hem creams do not work good with the nifedipine, the hem cream stop the blood flow to the area to stop swelling, nifedipine increase blood to the area for the fissure to heal.
Now you may want to ask your doctor what you should do.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8