What's the best alternative to a psyllium fiber drink?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: What's the best alternative to a psyllium fiber drink?

Postby buttgirl » 26 Nov 2007, 10:47

Chris0007 wrote:
buttgirl wrote: (My 1 would be granola cereal and my 2.5 would be psyllium husk fiber and my 6.5 would be methylcellulose.) There might be something better out there, but I haven't found it.

So to ask so many questions BG, but I have a few more:
Where do you buy your CC? I checked Walgreens and Walmart but had to order from Amazon. I GET MINE AT RITE AID.
Have you tried their basic IBS formula as well? This one has 55 five star reviews on Amazon. I HAVE TRIED IT BUT IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING FOR THE FIRM STOOL ISSUE. THE CONSTIPATION THERAPY HAS THE SAME PROBIOTIC BUT WITH ADDED GLUCOMANNAN.
It looks like you prefer methylcellulose over psyllium. Any particular reason? PSYLLIUM IS A GRAIN FIBER AND I NEVER DO WELL WITH THESE. THEY TEND TO TURN SUPER BULKY AND ROCK HARD IN MY INTESTINES NO MATTER HO9W MUCH WATER I DRINK.
Finally, it looks like you eat fish twice a day. I eat chicken for my protein source but wanted to bring in more fish, however the mercury content seems to be a concern. What type of fish are you eating and where do you buy it...supposing it's not straight from the meat counter. I LIVE IN SO. CAL., SO FRESH FISH IS ABUNDANT IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO LOOK. AS FOR WHAT TO EAT, YOU HAVE TO DO SOME RESEARCH. A LOT DEPENDS ON THE LOCATION WHERE THE FISH IS FROM. I WON'T EAT CHILEAN SEA BASS, FOR INSTANCE, NOT BECAUSE IT'S OVERLY POLUTED, BUT BECAUSE THE FISHERY IS REALLY SUFFERING. LOOK UP PATAGONIAN TOOTH FISH (THE NON-MARKETING NAME OF THE SEABASS). IN TERMS OF MERCURY AND TOXINS, THE HEAVIER METALS ARE VRY PREVALENT IN THE NORTH EAST PACIFIC, SO I TRY NOT TO EAT FISH FROM THERE. I ALSO DO NOT EAT FISH FROM LONG BEACH HARBOR BECAUSE IT'S SO POLLUTED. THE CHANNEL ISLANDS ARE A GOOD PLACE FOR FISH FOR ME. FARMED SALMON IS USUALLY SAFE, AS IS FARMED TROUT. REGULAR CHUNK LIGHT TUNA IS USUALLY MADE FROM SMALLER FISH AND USUALLY HAS VERY LITTLE MERCURY.
Thanks so much!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 26 Nov 2007, 13:35

Thanks BG for taking the time to answer my questions!

Postby happyass » 26 Nov 2007, 23:21

go to cvs or walgreens and find the magnesium citrate in liquid formula that is like a cherry soda or it comes in lime flavor. that will help to get things moving!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74