Can stools be too soft/almost loose=keep AF from healing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Can stools be too soft/almost loose=keep AF from healing?

Postby jrb » 19 Feb 2013, 15:43

So I increased my fiber, cut out all the bad stuff and thought I was on the road to recovery. when i first changed my diet, my stools were soft, but more formed. now it's like my body got used to the new diet, and my stools are back to how they used to be--soft, but a little on the loose side. i'm wondering if this can keep everything irritated, or keep it from healing, just as w/ hard stools????
bms are easy now, pain-free, and there's no longer any blood. i'm very regular now, but the spasms afterward can last for hours. i'm not sure what to try next?
i appreciate any suggestions!
jrb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Can stools be too soft/almost loose=keep AF from healing?

Postby marg6043 » 20 Feb 2013, 11:41

Jrb my fissure was caused by chronic diarrhea, but I think is a difference on dietary change lose stools and chronic diarrhea.
In You case you are no releasing a lot of bile on the stools and causing a burning after a BM, that was my problem I would have so much bile that I actually burn a hole in my anus literally.
So if your stools are soft but comfortable to pass and not burning but just a slight irritation on the fissure you should be ok.
Soft stools are the best for the fissure, too hard will actually can tear you again.
I think you will be fine.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Re: Can stools be too soft/almost loose=keep AF from healing?

Postby coconut » 20 Feb 2013, 11:59

jrb wrote:So I increased my fiber, cut out all the bad stuff and thought I was on the road to recovery. when i first changed my diet, my stools were soft, but more formed. now it's like my body got used to the new diet, and my stools are back to how they used to be--soft, but a little on the loose side. i'm wondering if this can keep everything irritated, or keep it from healing, just as w/ hard stools????
bms are easy now, pain-free, and there's no longer any blood. i'm very regular now, but the spasms afterward can last for hours. i'm not sure what to try next?
i appreciate any suggestions!

Squatting baby, squatting. I'm lovin' it. I squat to poop, and I squat on "dry ground" during the day to encourage my pelvic muscles to relax. I use as many props as I need to get into a comfortable squat and I don't stay down long. Also, some of the relaxation techniques discussed in other places on this board do help. Massaging around the sphincter (on the outside) and clenching and relaxing like you are going to meditate can lessen the spasms somewhat.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12