HELP............Donut rings, sitting and post LIS sitting ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

HELP............Donut rings, sitting and post LIS sitting ?

Postby Bottom Mania » 20 Feb 2013, 19:19

Hi Guys - thanks for your replies - I still feel like a scared newbie only having had my AF for 7 weeks. Can I please get some opinions on how folks go with sitting - I spend most of my time at the computer for work, although I move around as much as I can. But I am finding that without a donut ring, it is just too uncomfortable to sit for long periods (I used to ride the bike at the gym too and am REALLY missing that)! :-( Does anyone have to use donut rings at all times to sit on either an office chair and or a firm chair ? Couches etc. are fine - and I NEVER feel uncomfortable when lying or when in bed. In fact most of the time, I am symptom and pain free by the time I get to bed, and stay that way until I awake and start moving around. Is that common? I can walk briskly and swim fine for exercise without trouble, but sitting is getting me down!! :-( Also wondering, if folks who opt for LIS eventually - do you feel normal when sitting once the post op pain has settled down? What I am fearing is that I will forever be aware and conscious of pain when sitting. Does this ever return to normal?? Aaaarrrgghh..........seriously, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy............................Cheers, to all X
Bottom Mania
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: HELP............Donut rings, sitting and post LIS sitting ?

Postby delasama » 20 Feb 2013, 21:27

I haven't had surgery, but I have to have a donut. I also ordered a new donut off amazon.com and its temperpedic and soft.from what I've read on here after people get surgery they can sit comfortably after a couple weeks.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby coconut » 20 Feb 2013, 22:31

I hear you aren't supposed to use donuts because they pull at the skin and irritate the tear of the fissure.
I think a lot of us feel better when walking around, laying flat or doing anything but sitting. I've heard someone else say that they do better with a pillow on a chair. For me, a firm chair and sitting a bit forward so that my coccyx is off the surface does best, but I can't sit for long. (or, I couldn't before today. I'm totally sitting right now. Woot!)
If there is anyway you can do a good bit of your job while standing, it would be really good for the fissure.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Bottom Mania » 20 Feb 2013, 23:14

Hey thanks Del and Coco - yeah, this is the confusing thing. The donut rings definitely work for me - just tried picking up the kids from school with no donut, and it felt like I was sitting on a rock!! I know people worry about LIS - and with good reason, but gee, I will be giving it some serious consideration before too long. This (naughty naughty) is starting to run my life!! And Coco - it's hard to write music away from a piano when you are standing!! Might go get a job on the floor at the Stock Exchange until I am healed!! :-)
Bottom Mania
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2