New, so happy to find this site.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New, so happy to find this site.

Postby Tx rose » 16 Feb 2013, 22:27

I have felt so alone in all of this. Reading all your post have brought such comfort, not in the suffering but knowing there are others going through this too. I am 2 days post op from yet another anal surgery. Had hemmie and fissure surgery in 2010 and now this time for a fistula. I just looked at the wound and almost fainted. It was a laid open procedure and there is no packing or dressing. I am just to keep gauze there as needed. My biggest problem right now is the concern of having a bm. Loading up on colace and MOM but nothing is happening.
Tx rose

Topics: 1

Re: New, so happy to find this site.

Postby marg6043 » 16 Feb 2013, 23:10

Txrose, sorry to hear you are having problems and just have surgery, many members here had the fissures, hems and fistula experience.
I know how it looks like after a fistula repair as my son had one fix when he was 9 months old, yes the wound is open and no stitches, I also felt like it was painful for a baby so I can imagine how it will be with an adult, his healed nice and even and now at 26 he never had any more problems with that general region of the scar, for what I have read here with members that had fistula repair some find it to be no as bad.
So hang in there and take your medications as per doctor order and take it easy so you can heal faster.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Re: New, so happy to find this site.

Postby Englanddevon » 21 Feb 2013, 07:40

Hi Tx - I'm fairly new here too but an finding it a great support, you are certainly not alone! Hope your recovery is going well! :)
Englanddevon
Salt Bather

Topics: 3