This feels like hell is right

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: This feels like hell is right

Postby nurseebol » 23 Feb 2013, 12:22

yeah, tried the Kanka, I dunno, not so great. Calmoseptine is good, but when I have real pain Vick's is the best, and I have to thank my fellow nurse and friend for that bit of info. I wish to God I never got into this mess, but that is whining for another day. What about mineral oil for the stickies with Miralax? I bet I can find some stuff on that bit of poo- lol, off to look. And Rachel, glad your foam came. I had heard you didn't have to wait with national healthcare, then I heard you did. I knew you probably did. What is the answer though? More of a rhetorical question there. I am sure someone here in the states would take you in for a while :)
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Rachael 1984 » 23 Feb 2013, 12:35

Thanks Nurseebol. I am waiting on the NHS. That is the problem in the UK, we have to see one CRS on referral then wait again for the treatment. I would fly over to the US tomorrow if someone could offer me a quick ending to all of this.
My state of mind is affected now, my relationship is under pressure and I am not enjoying my life. If the Botox doesn't work I will sure as hell kill myself!!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby jr2 » 23 Feb 2013, 14:37

I guess I must live in the worst area of the US for doctor waiting then. It isn't at all unusual for me to have to wait 3 to 6 months to see a new doctor just for a consult. I think the record though was one time I called up my gynecologist's office in August (a doctor i had been established with for years) and couldn't get an appointment to see her until the end of the following January. When I told them how much pain I was in, I got the standard answer I always get when I call a doctor's office with the misguided idea that I might be able to see my regular doctor for a problem I'm having --- they tell me that's what the ER is for.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby marg6043 » 23 Feb 2013, 14:53

nurseebol wrote:, but when I have real pain Vick's is the best, and I have to thank my fellow nurse and friend for that bit of info.

Oh, my, I tried that before when I was really bad, The vicks, it did too the edge but then it got me irritated. Image I think I have tried so many stuff that I can not longer remember. Pain can be such a big influencer of how we think and the things we will do. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby nurseebol » 24 Feb 2013, 15:33

Rachel I understand what you mean, there are days I walk around thinking "I want to die" and I know I don't mean it, but it is a negative mantra I get into. I shake it off and tell myself that this is gonna be around for a while, so I gotta find ways to get the pain down so I can live my life. That to me is key, living life. I had someone suggest I take an LOA with my short term disability and I know I would sit around feeling sorry for myself. Now that I have found this forum and know how regimented you have to be to heal, I feel hopeful. Every day is like a new start, the setbacks are a pisser but this can be done. Now tomorrow I may not feel so rosy, but my bottom line remains if I can get in my car somehow and get to work, that is all I care cuz I gotta earn a living to keep everything else going in my life. By the time the day is over, I am so glad that another part of this is done.
I see my CRS Wed, I've already seen a general surgeon but he is too far from work to keep going back and forth with my other appointments. I need to be able to dodge between patients. I got in when I called within 7 days. My general surgeon was gonna do LIS right away, not fool around. He probably was right. If this is what this guy suggests, I will do it. Whatever, let's just get going.

Jr2
Where do you live that you have to wait like that? I am in the mid atlantic and it isn't like that.
Jeesh
My big question is, and I am sure the answer is out there: how does everyone sit?
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Postby Rachael 1984 » 24 Feb 2013, 15:40

I keep lying/ sitting on my side! The donut seems okay.
You have a great attitude, I need to be in the frame of mind you are in! I am off work, which is giving me more time to wallow!
Go for the LIS, I wish I could immediately, but as CRS want's to do Botox first, I have no choice!!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby nurseebol » 24 Feb 2013, 19:00

Are you off because of your fissure or other reasons? Hate to be nosey, but wonder how others handle this. I will go for it, makes me nervous, but I will get good drugs and push em thru with Miralax!
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Postby Jimmyc » 06 Sep 2015, 20:55

I been on adderal for 3 months and that's when my problems started with fissure,I went to see my doctor and prescribe nitro, hydrocortisone,and lidocaine I get relieve for an hour or so but the pain and throbbing comes back and I'm pretty sure all is connected to the adderal that cause high blood pressure ,takes your appetite away and dehydrates you causing anal sweeling ,constipation and then the fissure ,tomorrow I will start a week without adderal and see if all goes back to normal
Jimmyc