LIS surgery tomorrow - My story and post surgery journal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS surgery tomorrow - My story and post surgery journal

Postby tojo78 » 24 Feb 2013, 18:46

Jr2 - thanks for the reply!
Sotired - Good for you for making a list! I never do that and there is always something I forget to ask. Hope your appointment goes well!
tojo78
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Day 3

Postby tojo78 » 24 Feb 2013, 18:54

Day 3 was pretty darn good. I had a somewhat normal BM so that was a plus. Continuing taking my Miralax and fiber pills. Pain has been virtually non-existent. I only have some mild soreness and normally only feel that if I sit down or if I purposely flex my anal muscle. I am very surprised with the lack of pain as I was expecting more. My BM today was fairly painless and I am noticing improvement each day. I honestly could go back to work tomorrow but I already have it off so I am going to stay home and get one more day of rest. So far so good with everything!
tojo78
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 24 Feb 2013, 20:23

Hi, there tojo78p, I am glad you are doing great, I read that LIS is pretty much good for most people and that their problems get fixed after.
Is nice to see that your experience so far is been good.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby tojo78 » 24 Feb 2013, 21:39

Hi Marg! Ya the surgery was a breeze. Literally took 5 min. With prep and everything it was about 30 min. My CRS told me he had 100% success rate and he's been doing this longer than I have been alive. This was easier than the small gum graft I had 3 months ago.
tojo78
Salt Bather

Postby SteveR » 25 Feb 2013, 01:30

Tojo - keep the information coming. I find this so useful to hear of someone who is at the same point as I am. I had my surgery on 21st Feb so just at day 4. Almost exactly what you explained I have experienced.
SteveR
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby tojo78 » 25 Feb 2013, 16:12

SteveR.. Thanks for the post! Ya that's cool that we had our procedures on the same day. I read another one of your posts saying that you had stitches too. I didnt have stitches but I wonder if that helps with the LIS site healing. I will keep posting updates and wish you the best in your recovery!
Cheers!
tojo78
Salt Bather

Day 4

Postby tojo78 » 25 Feb 2013, 16:21

Today was much like yesterday.. Steady progress. I had a BM today similar to yesterday. Did not have any pain during or any spasms afterwards. Did have alittle blood when I wiped but not too concerned about that since I am only 4 days post op. I did have just a touch more pain after my BM from what I suspect is the LIS site. This is now back to my pre BM level (hardly any pain). My bottom feels better everyday and I am hoping my fissure is gone when I have my follow up with my CRS on March 13. The little bit of pain I have does not feel like fissure pain. It's just a soreness that isn't present unless that area is stimulated one way or another. Well back to work tomorrow!
tojo78
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 25 Feb 2013, 17:17

tojo78 nice to read that you are doing well, things should just get better and better. :D
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Day 5

Postby tojo78 » 26 Feb 2013, 21:49

Today was another day of good and not so good. Overall my pain continues to decrease (wasn't much to begin with). That's the good part. The bad is that my BM today was so soft that it was a choir to clean up afterwards. I stopped using the Miralax to see how that goes. I am also getting some soilage. It's not getting on my underwear but there is definitely there. That's a bit discouraging. So I am hoping my BMs get back to normal and I really hope this soilage is a temporary thing and goes away soon.
tojo78
Salt Bather

Postby SteveR » 26 Feb 2013, 23:32

Hey Tojo - Wednesday is day 6 for me, and like you very little pain still. Today after BM I have bled more from the LIS site than on other occasions but I think that is because I'm more bulky. I also have a little soilage which I find upsetting, but I think that this is because the stuff I'm on makes me very windy and my stools are quite soft. The two together I think would cause anyone problems. I still weep and bleed a small amount during the day also which I'm sure adds to the feeling.
You are quite brave reducing the miralax - I've decided to keep myself at the same level until about week 4 then start reducing really slowly from there. I don't want to cause myself any problems at all.
SteveR
Salt Bather

Topics: 14