Just a thought.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Just a thought.

Postby suzyljank » 02 Mar 2013, 11:31

I think it's wonderful to have this forum to speak with people who have the same problems and the suggestions and advice people share is so helpful. I would like to see people finish when they post a topic on their surgery. Too many times someone will post their experience and then never tell us if their surgery was successful. It could be very encouraging to others if you could finish your topic. I realize that when people are doing well they tend to leave the forum but sometimes that just leaves us with stories of unsuccessful procedures. I would really like to know when someone has had a good result and is able to get their life back. Even if the road was bumpy, it would be nice to know that is was worth it in the end. Anyone else feel the same way. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Re: Just a thought.

Postby Cueball3335 » 02 Mar 2013, 12:29

I agree, it's nice to have the entire story especially the ones with a year or more out. It's encouraging to know their is light at the end of the tunnel.
Cueball3335
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby marg6043 » 02 Mar 2013, 17:02

I come back over and over to see if some of the posters had anymore to add to their pre and post surgery, but sadly many do not finish.
I also wish they would, I guess they do so well that forget about this board. :D Hopefully that is what happen.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby PIA » 03 Mar 2013, 00:09

I agree. It has been so encouraging to have those people who were struggling along with me find some relief. I am always humbled when I remember the wonderful support that fellow sufferers gave me when they had so many of their own struggles to deal with. I have made a commitment to myself to give back to this site even if (hopefully) I am no longer suffering. thanks PIA xx
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4