What is your opinion on Sushi and Korean BBQ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What is your opinion on Sushi and Korean BBQ?

Postby Unknown1 » 03 Mar 2013, 20:01

Hello All,
I'm going to an even where it is being held at a Korean BBQ restaurant that server Sushi as well. However I was wondering if I can have either one of those foods. I have had the fissure for 2 months now but it is feeling much better and I am almost not feeling any pain during BM. I have been on a strict diet: Lunch - Brown Rice and Salmon. Dinner - brown rice and grilled chicken. I also take 2 Collace tablets every night before going to bed which I think it has helped a lot. I do not want to somehow stop the healing process if either one of those foods will do so. Please let me know Image
Thank you all in advance!
Unknown1

Topics: 2

Re: What is your opinion on Sushi and Korean BBQ?

Postby delasama » 03 Mar 2013, 20:58

Sushi is fine if you chew it well. Just don't eat anything spicy. If you eat barbaque chicken just eat a little and drink lots of water and take your stool softener. That's good you eat brown rice. White rice has no fiber.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Unknown1 » 03 Mar 2013, 21:27

But most sushi's are made with white rice. Is it ok for me to have them and just drink matamucil afterwards? Also do you think it is ok to have a very small amount of red meat steak?
Unknown1

Postby delasama » 03 Mar 2013, 21:53

I wouldn't eat any red meat ever. Don't eat it if it has white rice unless your only going to have a small portion.you can have tiny bit of steak , but don't say I didn't warn you! It just takes one rough poop to restart your healing process all over again...I used to eat barbaque chicken and steak twice a week before my fissure.probably why I got fissure in the first place lol. Now I eat fish once a week. If you crave red meat then heat up a veggie burger and put some sauce or ketchup on it.these stupid fissures take patience and strict diet...
delasama
King Fissure

Postby delasama » 03 Mar 2013, 22:00

I hope your fissure heals and stays healed! I've had spasms from a bm that brought me to my knees before because of my fissure. Not fun
delasama
King Fissure

Postby marg6043 » 03 Mar 2013, 22:29

I eat sushi often with fissure or not, I have not seen any different on the behavior of my fissure, so I thing it doesn't matter.
But be careful with spicy food like delasma advised you remember spices are eaten and they will be excreted also.
So if you want to know if the fissure is healing that will be the best way to know how well, but it can be painful and you don't want that.
I started to introduce some spices after 8 month of fissure suffering and two in which is under control and so far is good.
Even with a minor set back last week.
I guess trial and error is the only way to know how we are doing for sure. :D
I am very happy for you that your fissure is doing well by natural means without surgery, just keep doing what you are doing to avoid a major set back, minor is ok but not a major one. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Unknown1 » 03 Mar 2013, 22:43

Don't you eat Wasabi with your sushi marg? Isn't that spicy or is that ok?
Unknown1

Postby delasama » 03 Mar 2013, 23:48

Wasabi is hot for sure but its in the mustard family not the chili or peppers one.
It definatly isnt a trigger for 2 main reasons
1- The quantity taken is ever so small. I don't know anyone who will have more than a table spoon in a meal. And even that!
2: Its mixed with algues, rice, fish and vegs wich are easy to digest. Whenever I take chili or peppers they are usually mixed in a tomatoe sauce and THAT itself is a combo for fire hell in your bum the next day!
So enjoy the green ride!
delasama
King Fissure

Postby marg6043 » 04 Mar 2013, 07:46

Unknown1 wrote:Don't you eat Wasabi with your sushi marg? Isn't that spicy or is that ok?

Sadly no, that is one of the things I had to give up with my sushi, if you go to a sushi bar that prepares the sushi as order you can ask to be without wasabi.
I avoid to eat any prepackage sushi in stores. I only eat sushi that is freshly made, thats due to safety no because I don't think is good for you, but when you have chronic stomach problems you have to be careful about things that are prepackage, premade and ready to eat.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby 3 years now » 04 Mar 2013, 09:54

sashimi is best - raw fish, very little rice, maybe some chicken teriyaki with bean sprouts. Korean BBQ is tasty, but its mostly deep fried and generally very unhealthy
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9