Appointment for TCM

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Appointment for TCM

Postby buttgirl » 16 Nov 2007, 17:59

Went back for another treatment yesterday. This time, my tailbone got some work done. The dr used electrodes and that was actually really nice. It felt like someone was deeply massaging my sore tailbone. the usual soreness actually went away fro a few hour. It did ome back, but those few hours were heavenly. I also got the same treament as last time. I realized that, for some reason, it really does help me relax and my poos and digestion seem better after that.

The only cooked foods diet is not so bad. I find it difficult not to go to the fridge and grab a piece of fruit for a snack, but meals are easy, and I have started keeping beans and steamed veggies around for snacks. I am also becoming very fond of the spiced, cooked apples in the morning.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Nov 2007, 18:24

I wish mine was like that :(. When she treated my tailbone my muscles relaxed but for some strange reason my tailbone stayed sore for a week and still IS !!!!
Maybe it is because of my fibro :(, my body is just like made of porcelain - one small insult and it hurts all over. So, I don't go to TCM any more, and now have tailbone that hurts on top of everything : ((((.
BUT, I am glad it works for you !!!! Probably would work for all other people but me @^%%$#@!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 16 Nov 2007, 18:35

poor thing. fibro must suck. I fear I am headed down that path since my lower back and tailbone have been out of whack for a year thanks to the surgery and recovery and swelling in the area. I wish there were something to help you.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Nov 2007, 19:46

thanks Buttgirl for words of comfort and understanding :>?: Don't think about fibro - you see, : ) you already found great therapy for your pains !!!!!Just continue and you will do great !!!
:_):
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 29 Nov 2007, 08:39

be light on the spices......
cooking the veggies or fruits doesn't necessarily mean the loss of nutrients. there are ways to get around this. when cooking the veggies, if you want to boil them in water, instead boil them in veggie/organic stock. you can make your own stock with water + wakame or kombu or both + a veggie consume cube. make sure your veggies are clean and cut in small pieces before cooking them in the stock/broth and then eat the veggies and consume the broth as a hot tea drink. you retain all the vitamins and minerals.
with the fruit, you can easily cook them in a rice or soy milk and add a light sprinkling of your favorite spice like cinnamon or nutmeg. there is also kuzu that you can make into a yummy glaze with some maple syrup or brown rice syrup that you can pour over the hot fruit and/or add in some nice toasted oats to give it a "cobbler' like effect.
also great for the morning is making brown rice in soy milk with some raisins and cinnamon. delicious!
even though this isn't 100% macrobiotics, but it is definitely a macro thing to do!!!!
see peeps.......give macro a try and you may just find yourself out of a fissure!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74