wow didnt know AF was so popular

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

wow didnt know AF was so popular

Postby Guest » 28 Nov 2007, 18:03

i already feel a little better knowing there are more people out there with the same problem... and many with worse. im a college student and ive had a lot of issues with my body and health which probably led me to this AF problem. im on and off bulimic and anorexic... i work out too much... under a lot of stress... diagnosed with genital herpes 2.5 years ago after a rape... and after all that, i was diagnosed with hemorrhoids... it comes and does, but when im under A LOT of stress, my bum spasms...
... and that eventually led to rippin another one in my lil behind. ive had AF for almost a year now. i ended up taking the rest of this semester off since the beginning of october because i was missing too much school and couldnt sleep at night or study or be social. i came home to my parents. still under a lot of stress especially since i didnt even have time to look after myself since i had to immediately fly over to tokyo to take care of my grandma... who passed suddenly on october 27th. i just got back 2 weeks ago and my AF is doing better since i went to some japanese hot springs and had a lot of baths.
im back at home now, and under a lot of stress because i cant find a place to get a surgical procedure done.
can someone explain to me how to procedure was done... and how much it cost with insurance? i would appreciate that a lot.
oh, and im velvet. and i apologizing for talking about myself for that long.
happy pooping~

Re: wow didnt know AF was so popular

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Nov 2007, 18:21

Velvet, Since I had no deductable at the time, my total bill for the surgery was very low with my insurance, only about $300.00. But you would have to really check with your own insurance company.
LIS surgery involves making an incision in the sphincter in order to make it relax and stop the spasming. Do you have the spasming, clenching pain, maybe for hours, after a BM? It will correct that problem. This then allows blood flow to return to the fissure site, and it heals. If your main problem is in the spasms, then that problem *should* be corrected the day of the surgery.
What steps have you taken to treat your AF?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 28 Nov 2007, 18:27

Hi Velvet,

You are going through a lot. I am sorry you are having such a hard time and glad you could find our website.
I have company here at the moment but wanted to say Hi and let you know we're happy to help and listen.

You should probably see your primary care physician or if you have a PPO just go to a Colo-rectal surgeon for a consult. You may not even need surgery. There are creams that can be used as well which is what I did.

Hang in there,
Lecia

Postby happyass » 29 Nov 2007, 08:43

hi velvet,
glad you are here.
i hope we can help you de-stress a bit and always feel welcomed to give us an earful.
as hard as this may sound, you need to give yourself some special 'velvet' only time every day.
yoga, self-massage, tea time, fruits and veggies, plenty of sleep, water, and some healing foods will do you a world of good.
hang in there!
gareth
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74