Any advice! Had lis surgery 5 months ago

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Any advice! Had lis surgery 5 months ago

Postby Deleted User 1775 » 09 Mar 2013, 10:34

I had lis surgery five months ago and still feel like I have a fissure. Soreness and burning are my main symptoms. I had two CRS say they don't see a fissure anymore. But I still have the burning especially a few hours after a BM or walk/stand a lot or sitting. It is ruining my life and I am only 35 and it has been very hard on my marriage. I have been dealing with a fissure for three years and decided enough is enough and had the surgery praying it would work. But I haven't gotten to experience that feeling. Does anyone have any suggestions on what my next step would be? I am going back to my CRS that did my surgery and a gastro dr. In April. Any suggestions would help. The last CRS said that she didn't see a fissure but said I looked raw and red in there but said she doesn't deal with that. Thanks for any info.
Deleted User 1775

Re: Any advice! Had lis surgery 5 months ago

Postby sgtsparky » 09 Mar 2013, 11:37

Yup same deal about 2 years out. It definitely is easier than when I had the fissure, but rawness is still prevalent. However, I just went back to the Dr. and got some new things to try.
First I stopped drinking coffee. It can really irritate and make stool acidic. Metamucil can help absorb any leakage that can cause this irritation.
I also start using 2 creams which have so far worked wonders clearing up most of the irritation so I can feel normal again. Use Balneol when wiping and cleaning the area. Once clean, apply some Calmoseptine to the area or apply on some tp if necessary to absorb any moisture. So far its worked great and once the rawness gets better, it seems to help having cleaner BM's which help the situation even more.
sgtsparky
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Any advice! Had lis surgery 5 months ago

Postby Deleted User 1775 » 09 Mar 2013, 12:32

Sgtsparky, thanks for your reply. I am going to Walgreens right now to see if they have them. I do have some leakage so that might be doing it. It's just so frustrating. It just is sore and burns. I fear it's a fissure. I also get these zingers sometimes which I hate. I just want to get my life back. Do you still take stool softeners? Also did you have that irritation right after lis? Any other stuff you think might help please let me know. I do not drink coffee or tea. I also stay away from all the spicy and citrus foods too. The last CRS I went to said I had low pressure down there so I guess I am not tight which is good.
Deleted User 1775