Botox without any aneasthetic

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox without any aneasthetic

Postby rachelmum24 » 09 Mar 2013, 12:29

Hi there I have just had two botox injectikns without any pain relief or aneasthetic at all. It was unbearable pain and the doctor seemed to be shocked by my reaction. I asked if it was normal to hurt this much and was told I was on the high end of the scale. I felt really embarassed.I had pain and spasms all afternoon and now its very hard to have a bm. I wasnt told anything about what to expect just that it lasts 2 month. Then I assume I will go back. Any experiences or advice would be great.
rachelmum24

Topics: 2

Re: Botox without any aneasthetic

Postby Lauren12 » 09 Mar 2013, 16:22

Sorry to hear you're in so much pain. I had two lots of Botox at six monthly intervals, but each time it was done under general anaesthetic. The botox does take about a week to kick in and become effective though, if I remember, so hopefully you'll get some relief in the days to come. I would normally say that if you're in a lot of pain - more than you were led to expect - and are having difficulty having a bowel movements, to contact your CRS and ask for their advice, and also reassurance that what you are experiencing is a normal reaction.
Hopefully someone else will come along and post who had Botox without anaesthetic or pain relief and can share their experience.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby rachelmum24 » 09 Mar 2013, 16:25

Thanks for advice. Early days as was only yesterday. I have had this bloomin fissure for over 10 years on and off. So hard to heal I guess. Only recently been bad enough and brave enough to get More help.
rachelmum24

Topics: 2

Postby PIA » 09 Mar 2013, 19:29

Gosh you are so brave. I had botox under sedation last Tuesday.
I thought if I go back for a s second round I might do it while awake. But I won't now.
I had some pain and bleeding for a few hours after treatment but it eased quickly. I have been spasm and pain free unit last night when I had a bit of a relapse. Sphincter was a bit tight again. It has gone this.morning. trying to think why it would come back. I think I might be because I had stopped taking magnesium. .so it is back on the menu. I also have some bruising that is slowly resolving. XxPia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4