Fissure ?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissure ?

Postby Jackmaniac » 11 Mar 2013, 16:40

Hello all!
I've only seen a GI so far, who couldn't see anything with a visual exam, but he basically took my word for it that I probably have a fissure. The thing is is that my fissure pain in far up internally. To where I can specifically pinpoint it right on the top on my buttcrack. I feel a tear but oddly, bowl movements don't seem to cause the most problems with it's healing. I find that if I sit for too long or walk around normally, it causes a retear. I've been using Rectiv 0.4 for about 2.5 weeks now and within that time it's gotten better, worse to terrible pain, to better and now I felt it resplit. But I feel that it might not be working as the nitro problem doesn't reach up where it is.
Before this point I used to have bleeding with hard stools and managable pain for about a year. But within the last month with the unbelivable pain back and forth, I've had no bleeding.
Has anyone else had similar experiences ? I wonder if I'm barking up the wrong tree and should go ahead with a colonoscopy.
Jackmaniac
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Fissure ?

Postby delasama » 11 Mar 2013, 17:45

I would get a colonoscopy if you don't think your slowly healing after trying some common remedies.my fissure gets worse after poops and crs saw the sentenial tag. Mine mostly hurts when I sit now.i would have got a colonoscopy if my crs hadn't seen the tag that the fissure formed.i would call a crs in your area and talk to crs if you can afford it. My doctor referred me to a gi doc and so I called a crs and crs told me to cancel appointment with gi doc and to come see him. Crs called my doctor for a referral.my fissure is slowly getting better with diet and miralax and washing off in shower instead of wiping. The other main thing that helps is squatting (squatty potty.com)
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby coconut » 13 Mar 2013, 07:13

delasama wrote:I would get a colonoscopy if you don't think your slowly healing after trying some common remedies.my fissure gets worse after poops and crs saw the sentenial tag. Mine mostly hurts when I sit now.i would have got a colonoscopy if my crs hadn't seen the tag that the fissure formed.i would call a crs in your area and talk to crs if you can afford it. My doctor referred me to a gi doc and so I called a crs and crs told me to cancel appointment with gi doc and to come see him. Crs called my doctor for a referral.my fissure is slowly getting better with diet and miralax and washing off in shower instead of wiping. The other main thing that helps is squatting (squatty potty.com)

And pecans, don't forget the pecans. Image
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby coconut » 13 Mar 2013, 07:20

Jack - if that is a fissure, and it sure sounds typical to me, the sitting and walking normally probably aren't causing retears. A lot of us stopped bleeding because the sphincter became so tight that blood can't get down there. It sounds more like you are experiencing spasms. These can happen in the middle of the day, completely unrelated to having a BM. If you still have some of that nitro left, some people have found that applying the nitro mid-day makes the spasms stop, at least for an hour or two. Might be worth a try. If there is any question that this is a fissure, I guess more tests are in order. Most of us just go on symptoms alone. It pretty obvious what is going on. And a good 1/2 of us can't see the fissure. Mine is deep inside, too. But I know that its there because it talks to me everyday.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Jackmaniac » 13 Mar 2013, 07:52

I see my GI again next week and have been feeling better this week, so I hope it continues. I know I definitely have one slightly external fissure as it hurts to touch. But it's fairly acute and isn't the main issue.
I have a twin sister with ulcerative colitis, which is why I ended up at the GI in the first place. But think I may call a CRS if I have another setback.
Still have the nitro but i've found that I can only apply it once a day or I don't react at all to it :(
Jackmaniac
Salt Bather

Topics: 3