Thoughts on chlorophyll?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Thoughts on chlorophyll?

Postby twoyears » 12 Mar 2013, 10:00

I guess its also known as Chlorophyllin Copper Complex. I have the Chlorofresh brand which advertises itself as "internal deoderant," which I think means it reduces the smell of gas?
My gastroenterologist recommended it as a natural stool softener and I guess it seems to work. The most popular softener on these forums appears to be Miralax. Should I give that a try? I also have docusate sodium in my medicine cabinet but haven't been using it.
I don't necessarily sense that my bm is hard (it doesn't really hurt), but nitro has been unable to heal me for many months so I'm hoping that softening up can help.
twoyears
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Thoughts on chlorophyll?

Postby delasama » 12 Mar 2013, 10:17

I have tried most all softeners. I found miralax to help my fissure the most. I noticed the difference in a day or two as far as soft poop. After a month on miralax I noticed a huge difference in pain. If I were you I would take a cap full (17g) of miralax with a hearty lunch everyday for a few days. Then adjust amount after you see how it effects your stool. I started taking a full (17g) capful with a hearty breakfast and then again with dinner per my crs a month ago. I now take about a half cap full in morning and full cap full with dinner. Also drink lots of water.miralax absorbs water into stool to soften it, so drink good amount of water.i don't even take fiber supplements. Miralax and soft healthy foods and NO red meats.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby twoyears » 12 Mar 2013, 13:42

Thanks for sharing your experience delasama... I probably will try it at some point. I know that that there aren't clean boundaries between "natural" and "unnatural." And that both can have side effects.
p.s. how should I pronounce your name (in my head) as I read it?
twoyears
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby delasama » 12 Mar 2013, 14:33

My name is Sam lol.
I don't remember how I came up with delasama.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31