New to the forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New to the forum

Postby marg6043 » 12 Mar 2013, 14:11

FLhopeful, sorry to hear about your problems with fissure and a terrible doctor.
Is hard to find good doctors this days, I was lucky that my primary doctor did the job for me and I can not complain.
Is plenty of information here about how to deal with inconvenience and painful side effects of fissures.
As soon as you can you need to see another doctor so you get the proper cream for healing, sadly the nitro cream works for me in relieving the spams but it took me a while and at the end I had side effects from it and had to stop.
My fissure is also 8 months old but is doing good enough for me to learn to live with it and is under control, is still there but now sometimes i can even forget i have it.
Is not and easy road to recovery with this problems but it can became less stressful.
Now if you after all this months are still having so much problems perhaps you may follow the advise of the new doctor you will be seeing and work with him.
I wish you luck and a fast recovery.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby FLhopeful » 14 Mar 2013, 19:56

Thanks marg6043,
That dr is what made it beyond awful... it's been over a month now since I saw him and it's gotten better the past few days... I've started the Miralax.
Unhappily I just got a jury duty summons in the mail. Ack!
I'm glad yours is doing well.
Diane
FLhopeful
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby marg6043 » 15 Mar 2013, 12:22

If you are still having problems with pain and discomfort sitting down for extended periods of times, perhaps you can get off the jury duty.
I imagine that you will need a doctors document for that.
Just in case.
I am happy that you are better, on your own but the cream will help much better in the healing process.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby FLhopeful » 19 Mar 2013, 13:50

I tried, Marg6043 - I called the drs office that I had chosen. She is going away for the month of May and isn't taking any new patients till after that time.
I'm afraid to try anyone else. I don't need another month of torture - which is what happened after seeing dr. no. 1. That's not an exaggeration.
:(
FLhopeful
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2