Break down on my bday :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Break down on my bday :(

Postby delasama » 14 Mar 2013, 07:53

Have you tried going gluten free?
How much miralax do you take?
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby hopefulbutt » 14 Mar 2013, 09:05

thanks delasama. I take about half of a miralax a day. My GI said it was fine to take every day when I had my colonscopy (all fine). But my CRS said is not good to take every day but I do. I've been taking it for a year now. I haven't gone gluten free but my sister is allergic to gluten. Has it helped you? I would be willing to try anything at this point.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby delasama » 14 Mar 2013, 10:20

I never had any problems with gluten, but my sister is allergic. I used to eat tons of wheat and stuff that has gluten. I went gluten free over a month ago. After I went gluten free my eczema went away that I have had for years and my fissure is getting better. I've read other posts on here about someone going gluten free healing fissure. My crs told me to take miralax morning and night forever to help fissure. I take at least half cap full in morning and a full cap full at dinner.it took a month for miralax to really help, but after doing it for a month I all of a sudden had a huge difference in pain.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby hopefulbutt » 14 Mar 2013, 10:27

Delasma, thanks. I am thinking about going gluten free. I am glad that it is helping you. My only concern with taking so much miralax is the the rectum getting used to very small bms. This happened last summer as my bms got down to about penny size or smaller. When my crs told me that wasn't healthy and to cut back- i retore the fissure because my bum couldn't handle anything bigger. My bm's now are about the size of a nickel i think. THey don't hurt coming out because i keep them soft. But after it hurts. I guess if all else fails i could give myself diarrhea the rest of my life to help feel better. :)
was it difficult going gluten free? Are you very strict and check all ingredients?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby delasama » 14 Mar 2013, 10:48

It wasn't difficult because being on the fissure diet I realized I was mostly gluten free. I do check all ingredients. Gluten free is good for you because all whole raw foods are gluten free. Things that have gluten are beer, oatmeal, chewable vitamins, anything containing wheat, a lot of ingredients have caramel color which is code for gluten...miralax doesn't make my bm too small, because I eat fiber filled foods and nuts...my poops are mostly soft and formed. They are definitely small though. I don't care as long as fissure heals. When my fissure heals someday I will do dilation. I'm definitely not going to do dilation until fissure heals.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby hopefulbutt » 14 Mar 2013, 10:51

does oatmeal have gluten? I didn't know. How much miralax do you take a day?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby delasama » 14 Mar 2013, 11:08

The University of Chicago's Celiac Disease Center, or UCCDC, lists oats as a gluten-free food but provides a side note about oats and gluten. The UCCDC says that historically, oats were not recommended for gluten-free diets because it was thought that avenin, which is the storage protein in oats, was also toxic to gluten-intolerant individuals.
I take at least a half cap full of miralax in mornings and a full capful with dinner. I switched from cereal to quinoa with applesauce and cinnamon. Cereal and miralax gave me the poops.if I ever get an upset stomach from the miralax I just eat some toasted gluten free cinnamon raisin bread with apple butter and then I feel fine. My gluten free bread is made from brown rice and is healthier than wheat bread...
delasama
King Fissure

Postby GGky1959 » 15 Mar 2013, 17:30

hopefulbutt wrote:I just really wanted to have a good birthday today. Told myslef even if I had pain I would try and enjoy my day and use my massage coupon my mom gave for Christmas. Instead it started in pain after a bm and the constant soreness I've been having for weeks. I eneded up spending the morning crying and screaming at God and soaking in the tub. I am a Christain but this has taken every last ounce of faith and endurance. I had no idea what lows a person can hit. Sorry, I just needed to vent even if no one responds. Will I ever have a nice bm again? Last birthday was much the same- I actually felt better a yeat ago I think.
:(

Dear friend, so sorry to hear you had a really bad birthday. If you ever find the time, read over and over the many postings here of all of us having days like you've had. There were days, when I actually would rather have been dead than having to endure day after day after day, constant pain. Its the most disheartened decease I've ever experienced in my life. But know, that you do get better. Mine began Jan 8 of this year and the suffering is unmeasurable. Today, thank God, I feel as though my fissure has somehow healed itself. I no longer hold on for dear life when I make a bm and I no longer have the endless spasm I once had. I do however have the pinching and stinging and the itching....but nothing like the spasm. Please get to the Rectiv Nitro cream, it worked wonders for me.
Good luck and Happy belated birthday!! Image
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby GGky1959 » 15 Mar 2013, 17:37

The power of prayer is strong...I have a picture of Jesus in my living room and photos of kids I sponsor through St Judes....every single time I was having my WTF, why me lord moment, I would nod my head to Jesus and look at the photo's of these kids going through cancer treatments who would trade places with me in a heart beat.
This decease takes no prisoners, it will run your life until things change in your diet and in your eating habits. I for one have lost so much weight and am still loosing wieght over this because I'm terrified to return to my old lifestyle of unhealthy eating. I'm glad in a way this happened to me, I needed something to take this almost 300 pound high blood pressure beast to a place of common sense.....thank God I'm there.
Listen, please please please don't give up hope. This thing will eventually come to an end...I can testify to that, it will!! Just hang in there and keep praying...God does answer prayers, he answered mine and I am so greatful for his mercy.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby nurseebol » 16 Mar 2013, 18:21

I would never be able to eat that fiber, it would kill me in pain. Some on here are ok with fiber, but some seem to eat soft diets. I swear by everything stratocaster does. Eats the same things and has a good regimen. Have you read that diary?
http://anal-fissure.org/t5740p105-botox-diary#85133
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Topics: 5