Boyfriend with AF, help?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Boyfriend with AF, help?

Postby ckcm12111 » 20 Mar 2013, 20:20

My boyfriend and I are about 98% certain he has an AF, he just has not been directly diagnosed. It started with just some pain on occasion, but it has progressed to extreme abdominal pain as well as rectal pain (sharp pain "exiting" - sorry if that's TMI).
First off, I was just wondering what sort of tips or explainations any of you have? I've tried doing my own research but just have found basic school book descriptions. I would love to hear from other people what exactly it does, and the effect on your lifestyles - and relationships.
His pain most commonly occurs during or right after he climaxes during intercourse (also, sorry if that is TMI), does anyone else experience this? Have any advice? Do we just stop completely?
I would just really love some answers while we wait for him to get in to see his doctor. Any advice would be appreciated.
ckcm12111

Topics: 2

Re: Boyfriend with AF, help?

Postby Savaici » 21 Mar 2013, 11:44

Image to the group, and hope that you will find information on here to help you and your boyfriend.
There is definitely a lot more than school book descriptions if you do a search on on here, and going to the section entitled 'References, Websites, Facts...' should give you a good start. All sorts of things there!
Abdominal pain is not usually part of having an Anal Fissure and I would not attempt to even guess at what this might be, and think that it would be better left to a doctor to work that out with your boyfriend.
Sorry he is in pain, but best bet is his own doctor first.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Boyfriend with AF, help?

Postby Guest » 30 Mar 2013, 11:44

So your 98% certain, but from your explanations I only get a 50% feeling that it is AFs.
Now if you were to tell me he notices the pain after his bile movemnts.........not sure if your saying........
(sharp pain "exiting" - sorry if that's TMI)
is his bile movements, otherwise I would consider it more likely an AF as that's when the pain heightens.
AF generally makes everyone change what they are eating as our No. 1 goal is to keep our stools soft and free from all irritating foods which seems to increase burning.
AF is so insidious for us because of the constant re-tears we have experienced from a healing AF, than while almost back to normal we'll have another hard bile movement and another re-tear along with the itching and burning.
This cycle never seems to end for many of us. I myself went through it for several years before I kicked it.
Maybe for at least half of us, it's all about finding out what foods we need to avoid along with the right balance of water and exercise we need to take in, that will ultimately give us victory over our fissures.
HTH GL
Last edited by Guest on 30 Mar 2013, 11:49, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: typo