I talk more about my arse than Alan Ginsberg...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I talk more about my arse than Alan Ginsberg...

Postby The End is Nitrate » 20 Mar 2013, 21:02

Hi all, I'm female, 34 yrs old, in the UK and new to the forum. Thank you for having me!
Yesterday, I was diagnosed with an anal fissure with sentinel pile after being misdiagnosed with a haemorrhoid five months ago.
Here's my back story... (Pardon the pun)..
Two years ago, sudden discomfort doing bowel movements, increased to severe discomfort for about 3 weeks, finally passed. No occurrence for 6 months, then same symptoms cropped up again and passed just as before. Both times had minor blood streaking of toilet paper. Not significant enough to see the doctor. Then six months ago, same onset problems but definitely more painful and serious. Huge blood loss during BM and tiny little bud of skin tag appears at rear of my rear, pain level with the cleft of my bum. Pain excruciating during bowel movements like passing broken glass, pulsing sensation immediately after and a sense of feeling like I'd been knifed in the bum after causing a limp for several hours later. I passed out at the shops I had been in so much pain one day. Went to doc who said it was haemorrhoid and began stool softeners Dulcoease, high fibre diet and over the counter pile cream with internal applicator. After five months, a growing pile and continuing symptoms (with only mild relief for the odd few days intermingled in the time frame) I go to another doc in my GP surgery and am properly diagnosed and given 0.4 Rectogesic for 8 weeks to apply every 12 hours with the usual headache warnings that come with GTN.
My problem is this: I'm not sure if I'm getting it in right... I'm prescribed 2.5cm to go in but how do you do that by sticking it on your finger and in? Firstly, popping a pinky in ones painful derriиre is painful and nigh impossible, but most importantly, am I getting it there? I'm squishing most of it on my sentinel pile as I'm trying to get the digit in and I can't be certain 2.5cm is hitting the tear. Can anyone recommend application tips please? My previous pile cream had a nozzle you could insert and administer straight up the butt but my Rectogesic is just a tube and cap! (My nozzle doesn't fit - I tried) even if I did have a nozzle, how do I administer such a precise amount of ointment internally? I've used three applications so far and no bad headaches. I'm worried this means I'm not making sufficient contact. Will it still work if some of the ointment is hanging round the bottom hole but hasn't gone in and hit bullseye? I'm worried it'll just get wiped away next loo visit. Your advice is seriously welcome. I need to heal.
Thank you in advance! :)
The End is Nitrate
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: I talk more about my arse than Alan Ginsberg...

Postby CrackinUp » 21 Mar 2013, 04:17

Hi, loving the username... :)
I healed on Nitro in 5 weeks, although I am still suffering from minor discomfort which I think is due to an unfortunate IBS attack and the sentinel pile (it keeps swelling!).
I'm also from the UK and I found the Nitro instructions ridiculous! 2.5cm is waaaaay too much to get in there. It just ends up all over the place.
Instead of doing that I used to make two separate applications roughly half the length of the indicator on the box. This way you can be more accurate and deliver the medication right to the place its needed (god, I sound like a TV advert lol).
I found I got most relief from applying as much cream as possible to the contracted internal sphincter ring. I don't think you need to worry about hitting the actual fissure site because the cream is designed to relax the sphincter muscle and increase blood flow to the area. It doesn't actually close the wound through direct application.
Because I'm healed now, I apply mine just round the rim of my butt. It still has an effect, but I'm no longer having spasms. I'm just using it to make sure my body forgets the routine it was in. I stopped taking Nitro after healing and my spasms were back after a bad IBS attack, so decided to use Nitro for another couple of weeks to be on the safe side. If I were in early days I would go back to applying inside.
Hope this helps...
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 Mar 2013, 04:19

Hello I am 34yr Female in UK too, I am in the same pain as you. I used the Rectogesic, best to apply with finger into anus. I measured it out then pushed the creme into a blob at the end of my finger. Covered with cling film. Look in the mirror so it goes into the hole. This makes sure it is right in to do it's work. I did get headaches, but these eased once I had got used to the Nitro.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby CrackinUp » 21 Mar 2013, 04:22

Also... I have a morning BM and would wait an hour or so before the spasm pain started as this provided most relief. I found the Nitro lasted around 3-4 hours so planning the application was key to relieving symptoms and killing spams.
If you can I would try and apply after your BM. I would have a BM at 7am and apply the Nitro around 9am when the pain started, which would take me through to around 12/1pm. I would then apply in the evening at 7/8pm.
Sometimes I had unexpected BM in the middle of the day. There isn't too much you could do about that really, they were always bad days.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 Mar 2013, 04:35

Hi crackin, how you doing?! Good I hope. X
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby marg6043 » 21 Mar 2013, 06:38

The End is Nitrate, you story reads like mine, I had what I thought was hems for decades until one day it just got worst to the point of not ending the suffering, this time properly diagnosed with fissure.
Sentinel pile very painful and huge for decades I thought it was an external hem.
The cream will help it did me after 4 months but developed a rash.
Depending how deep is your fissure it will take some time for the relief to happen, but it will.
Like you I worry about how much of the cream I was administering, to the area but as long as you put the cream just a pea size you are doing fine, some people get side effects some don't.
Some get relief right away within weeks some others don't like me, it took me 4 months.
My fissure is 9 month old now and I am almost normal, but I know that is still healing as I get a mild irritation once in while.
Now about the sentinel pile, mine used to get swollen and very painful to the point of no been able to touch it, well since my fissure is healing now the pile is significantly back inside to the point that is just a bit of lose skin hanging and not longer painful or swollen.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby CrackinUp » 21 Mar 2013, 11:24

I'm good thanks Rachael, still not totally pain free though and I'm starting week 8 on Tuesday. Hope you're doing a bit better. Your Botox appointment gets closer with each day :)
marg what sort of pain did you get from your sentinel pile? Reason I'm asking is because I think that's what's causing me pain. Mine is like an aching sensation after a BM, lasting for a couple of hours. It's not severe but is annoying.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 Mar 2013, 12:12

Great, keep going, I need that Botox now! The external hem is causing pain too! Called today to tell CRS I have it. Hopefully he can chop it. Doc won't do anything.
I want a normal butt! Oh to enjoy life again
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby marg6043 » 21 Mar 2013, 14:25

CrackinUp wrote:marg what sort of pain did you get from your sentinel pile? Reason I'm asking is because I think that's what's causing me pain. Mine is like an aching sensation after a BM, lasting for a couple of hours. It's not severe but is annoying.

Yes, crackingup that is exactly what I used to feel also, it was so painful and swollen that I could see the entire area with one side of my anus like pouring out no shape at all just red swollen skin and very irritated, also whenever the doctor will check my fissure and will manipulate the tag it was just so painful I would cry, then I would bleed.
Could not touch the tag for nothing, that's how bad it was, I keep telling my doctor that I believe the source of all my pain was the tag.
But as I started healing, the skin tag became less swollen and painful and when I decided to look again to the area I was soo surprised that my anus look almost normal, just a small piece of skin hanging, I thought I was disfigured for life, no longer I see the red angry area sticking ugly out.
I am very happy, this means that I am healing slowly but surely, I still get mild irritation but nothing like it was a few months ago, my sphincter is also very relaxed again, I remember touching the area and the spincter reaction to it was to tight itself. :D
Things can get better with time if you allowe yourself the time, but like everything some people never get relief and can not heal without surgery.

marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby The End is Nitrate » 21 Mar 2013, 17:11

Thanks for all the replies folks! Marg- did you heal with nitro only after 9 months then? I thought you could only use it up to 8 weeks? Doc said if no joy after 8 weeks it's referral to the 'bottom doctor'. I can't stand that thought. I don't care if I've got a Louis Vuitton pile hanging out of my knickers, I'm not enamoured with surgical stuff!
My nitro stings a bit on my pile but only mild. My pile seems ok, I can touch it and its not sore, just sensitive really. I wash it with the spray head on my power shower which is quite powerful and knocks it around a bit but I find it refreshing, particularly as I'm worried about trapped dirt around it and it not being clean. I also blow dry it with my hair dryer after! haha! it has better beauty maintenance than me! Also, regarding applying nitro, has anyone tried a q-tip cotton bud as an applicator? I just can't find it in me to stick my finger in... Bad times :( On another note, it's killed my sex life. I'm so self conscious about it and this bit of skin, clearly in view, is a major concern of mine. Good to hear of sentinel piles reducing in size..anymore evidence of this too?
The End is Nitrate
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3