Disney World -- too risky? (Hurts to walk, Advice please!)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Disney World -- too risky? (Hurts to walk, Advice please!)

Postby sk22 » 20 Mar 2013, 13:05

So I'm going to Disney in about a month. Fissure for 3 months now. I've recently gotten soft bm's -- which is great! Almost no burning pain for the last two days, but I still have to jump in the bath. But it's hurt when I've been walking. If any of you have been to Disney, you know how much walking is involved; a ton. I really really want to go, my family is going on the first vacation we've taken in 5 years. I really don't want to bring people down though with not being able to walk. But it's a month away so maybe I'll be better by then? Do you think if I keep my bm consistently soft like it is now I'll get better, or is that not enough? (Background: I had bleeding one time, just a little bit, on December 30 2012. Since then there's been burning pain after every bm that requires going into the shower to calm down; general discomfort through various parts of the day; I get no pain when I'm actually having a bm, it's always right after though)
Any tips for how to make walking more comfortable?
Also, does anyone know why sometimes walking hurts and sometimes it doesn't? It's just been the last few days that it's hurt to walk. It also happened for a couple days here and there in January and February. Why?
sk22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: Disney World -- too risky? (Hurts to walk, Advice please!)

Postby owmybum » 20 Mar 2013, 14:13

Hi,
I went to Disney in November with an active fissure.
I would keep up stool softener to keep bms nice and soft. Drink plenty of water while you are going round the parks. I took a smallish pillow with me everywhere. The seats in all the shows and most of the rides are hard, and this was a life saver for me.
I found it was a lot of walking.. And some days were better than others... But there is so much to see and do it pretty much helps to take your mind off your bum!!
I hope you have a great time!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby galamat » 20 Mar 2013, 14:32

Hi sk22
If I were you I would go, I have noticed that when I do relaxing activities I get better, just prepare your mind to eat a healthy diet and drink a lot of water.
I went to Italy with my fissure, and surprisingly I felt so good there, I didn't eat a lot of pasta though, just a couple of lasagnas, but I think the walking helped me a lot. After I came back I was pain free, then I stopped using the nifedipine and was also eating all types of foods, and here I'm back to square one.
galamat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Jackmaniac » 20 Mar 2013, 14:47

Can always get some lidocaine to bring with you incase. I think there are some out there that don't require a prescription
Jackmaniac
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby sk22 » 20 Mar 2013, 23:11

thanks guys! it makes me feel a lot better that some of you have been on vacation with an active fissure and been okay. I didn't want to bother my family with my concern about walking and now I probably won't. We usually take it slow anyways, at least we did when I went 5 years ago. And you're right -- when I am having an alright day and keeping busy my mind is very far from the pain I'm feeling!
sk22
Fibre Addict

Postby sk22 » 20 Mar 2013, 23:13

P.S it hurt walking around this morning, but when I went out tonight walking around for 2 hours it didn't hurt at all. Very weird.
sk22
Fibre Addict

Postby Jackmaniac » 21 Mar 2013, 06:19

I find it feels better walking with shoes compared to barefoot. But I think it's partially a mental thing.
Jackmaniac
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Vin » 21 Mar 2013, 14:18

SK I did this very trip to Disney in Feb. and I was far from being in good shape with my bum. Sitting was more of a problem for me than walking so although I was nervous I did fine. A few pointers things that made my trip easier were Miralax every day leading up to the trip, and during. I used an online grocer that delivered to the parks hotels that guaranteed me a breakfast, water, and snacks I could handle, not to mention it was much more economical. I recommend becoming familiar with in park food choices Epcot was the easiest. I also carried plenty of items to stay clean down there such as wet wipes. I actually was a good deal better when I left maybe because I was able to wear shorts each day and got some needed exercise and was able to enjoy some time with my wife and kids.
Vin
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Disney World -- too risky? (Hurts to walk, Advice please

Postby Saracare » 30 Jun 2015, 20:43

What are the best clothes to wear to Disney? I'm going in two weeks and I'm terrified. I'm normally ok for 2 to 3 days but the 4th is a nightmare. I really want to enjoy myself because this summer has been hell. :cry:
Saracare

Re: Disney World -- too risky? (Hurts to walk, Advice please

Postby Savaici » 30 Jun 2015, 21:59

Not quite sure what you are asking, Saracare?? The best clothes? I would imagine that it will be very hot and humid in Florida. I went there years ago, it was November and it was warm! Have a read through the thread that you are on for what the others have said. Keep hydrated, don't overdo it, eat light, take Miralax, and have a good time :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222