Fissure Healed after 9 months

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Fissure Healed after 9 months

Postby bunky » 17 Mar 2013, 10:41

I know that I can't get too excited because it's only been over a week, but it's so good to not be in pain. It really changes your mindset. I always remind myself too that if my 92 year old mother could get through anal cancer and the most painful butt imaginable, then I can get through this. She swore by the sitzbath. Hope it helps you
bunky
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby JAZY STAR » 17 Mar 2013, 16:29

Hello everyone!!
I am planning to having surgery beginning of May if I can. Suffered from AF for 5 years nearly! I plan to see a consultant in the next few weeks. If I was to have the surgery beginning of May, do you think I would be ok to fly 24 hours on the plane beginning of July. So 2 months after the surgery! let me know your thoughts :)
JAZY STAR

Postby Ever the Optimist » 24 Mar 2013, 13:32

Hi Jazy,
At two months you will probably be still recovering from your surgery and won't be entirely healed but hopefully, things should be feeling a lot more comfortable and less raw than just after it. Lots of others have made several trips with very painful acute fissures or after surgery and survived! so you should be fine. Just ask for extra cushions and maybe take a painkiller if needs be to make yourself comfortable. If it's any reassurance, I went off to Center Parks one week after fistula surgery! (Yes, a different form of anal surgery with different after effects) but I was just fine. I curled up on the 4 hr car journey on my side quite comfortably, packed my ibruprofen and baby wipes and had a great time. As Center Parks are quite active orientated, I still managed to walk loads and ride a bike for a short while!! The only thing I couldn't do was swim unfortunately because it was so soon after surgery but nonetheless, I had a truly fantastic break and it provided a welcome distraction from everything that had happened a week prior to that.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby marg6043 » 24 Mar 2013, 16:46

bunky, I am glad you are doing better, my fissure is also 9 months old and it has been pain free and spams free for 3 months, still I get an occasional mild irritation that tells me is healing but no gone.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8