Anal fissure maybe?! - very scared

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal fissure maybe?! - very scared

Postby worried » 25 Mar 2013, 11:42

Hi everybody
I found this board when I was googleing for anal cancer symptoms. I am not sure if I am paranoid, but I am scared to death, can't stop crying and having all kind of signs of advanced cancer. I am also melanoma survivor, so this probably also makes me more worried than most people.
My story. Since January I have sharp pain in my anus after BM, that can last for hours. Sometimes bleeding afterwards. Sometimes the pain has been so bad that I have taken pain killers. Mid February I had proctologist appointment who examined me (used also anuscope) and said I have hemorrhoids that can be seen between staples (I had PPH surgery for hems 4 years ago) and that my bowel in general looks very sour (slightly bleeding). he prescribed some medication - supositories and a cream (Dia.. smth) nothing helped :( went to see another doctor, who could not examine me, said I was too tense, but by description she suspected anal fisure. tomorrow she will do the examination under anasthesia, but I am so scared I have cancer .. can anal fissure be not seen even if anoscope is used? can AF still cause pain for months after treatment? very scared :(
worried
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Anal fissure maybe?! - very scared

Postby Savaici » 25 Mar 2013, 11:49

Please, don't worry about the exam. I had exactly the same and went like a dream. It is the best way for the doctor to get a good look at what is going on.
Good luck with the exam under anesthesia. Come back and let us know how it went. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby JHH » 25 Mar 2013, 11:51

Sure sounds like fissure. Yes the pain can continue for months if it doesnt heal.
Anal cancer is very very rare, and happens mostly in older people. IF you should have it, the survival rate is very high compared to other types of cancer.
Im sure you only have to worry about the fissure. Plenty og good reading in here, so please have a browse.
Best of luck.
JHH
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby worried » 25 Mar 2013, 12:05

thanks :) I am browising and it calms me down to see other people desribing exatly what I feel. I was almost ok yesterday and this morning, but then had a bit harder BM (just a small piece) and again there was blood and now for 6-7 hours already I have this burning feeling and kind of like a heart beat/pulsation (I am not native English speaker and am not sure how to describe it better)?! have you seen anyone having this kind of sensation (don't know how to look for this symptom). I tried to sit in the warm water, but it made this burning even worse, the same with Diltrazem - causes more burning :(
worried
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 25 Mar 2013, 12:19

What you are experiencing, worried, are spasms. If you do a search you should come up with lots of information about this. It is your internal anal sphincter, which acts on an involuntary basis, going into spasm and hurting. You cannot control this, which is why it gives us all such grief. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby worried » 25 Mar 2013, 13:11

thanks! I looked around here and yes it seems I am having spasms and I also have like a skin tag down there - I have had something there for some years, but recently it felt kind of bigger and softer. The doctor who will examine me yesterday, said that if there was a fissure, she would use botox injections. I will know better tomorrow at around the same time.
Thanks for replying and thanks for having this place!
worried
Fibre Addict

Postby JHH » 25 Mar 2013, 13:28

Burning, feeling of tightness, throbbing, yes, definitly spasms!
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby hendrick181 » 25 Mar 2013, 13:43

It sounds exactly like a fissure. Nearly identical symptoms in most of us on here. Try to not get too worked about the idea of cancer.... Altho i know we all had that feeling of "what if its worse than a fissure" i think the thing that gets us worked up is how insanely painful it can be!! Ive been dealing with mine for quite some time.... Also dont panic if the doc reco's that u get a colonoscopy.... Its probably a good idea to rule other stuff out... And to make sure that nothing else is going on....Id be surprised if they didnt get one.....
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby worried » 26 Mar 2013, 09:53

Hi again
I had the surgery today and they found one big and wide fissure at 6 o'clock position and sometihing else :) probably this sentinel smth, people are writing here about and they cut it out. I got botox injections at 3 and 6 positions and was prescribed quite a lot of pills.
I am so relieved, it was not a cancer :) Now I will start looking here for information about life after botox and probably would need some dietary advice
thanks guys :d
worried
Fibre Addict