Celiacs disease

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Celiacs disease

Postby small_flower » 20 Feb 2011, 18:42

Hey Everyone,
I've recently been diagnosed as someone who is highly gluten sensitive Image , which is basically the same thing as having celiac disease. So now, I'm kind of stuck because I have a fissure, which requires a ton of fiber, but I am not supposed to be eating anything that contains gluten, mainly wheat bread in my case. I am really surprised at what I have found wheat in so far. Tomato Soup, stir fry, Im basically going to have to check every label of everything I eat.
So here are my questions.
1. Does anyone on here have this problem, and if so, how do you cope?
2. What are some good gluten free and high fiber foods?
3. Could celiac be the reason I have this fissure in the first place?
Thanks everyone.
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Celiacs disease

Postby PaulsPain » 20 Feb 2011, 20:13

Hi Kate-
Sorry to hear that.... It is amazing how many things do have gluten in them.
I thought I would mention a resource for gluten free baking. I am an avid baker(especially bread) and buy all my flour from King Arthur. I noticed they have a gluten-free section with products and recipes.
King Arthur
I also have read that celiac disease can cause fissures. So maybe once you get your diet figured out your fissure will heal.
Also, a lot of fiber supplements are gluten-free. I know Citrucel is. So this is one source of fiber.
Best of luck.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby happyass » 20 Feb 2011, 21:34

hi kate!
long time no see....hehehehehe.....
oh well, despite the circumstances, nice to see you pop up!
there are a lot of gluten-free stuff now, even Quaker brand makes gluten-free pancake mix and i think betty crocker or duncan hines makes cookie and cake mix like this too.
of course, you'll find lots of gluten-free stuff at Whole Foods!
so even though you have this situation, you have so many options with products to keep you eating happily.
i don't remember if you did LIS, did you?
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby cherylk » 21 Feb 2011, 15:06

Small,
Here is a link for some gluten-free recipes:
http://www.thedailymeal.com/10-gluten-free-dishes
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Cagirl » 22 Feb 2011, 22:17

There are a lot of fruits and vegs that are high in fiber such as raspberries, or any of the berries. Figs and prunes, apricots, pears are my favorite. Especially beans: pinto, black, navy beans, lentils. Also peas and corn. Corn pastas, brown rice pastas. I prefer fruits and veggies to the grains as produce seems to give a better result.
There are of course GF baking mixes such as Bisquick and even Betty Crocker I believe it is makes GF cake and cookie mixes now too that are available in regular grocery stores. The specialty stores have just about everything GF now: Poptarts, cereal bars, cookies, mixes, pizza, brownies. You name it. I was GF for about 10 years.
Anything that causes repeated bowel movements such as Celiac's could very well cause a fissure.
All the best to you!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby magnesium » 19 Mar 2011, 02:20

Hi Kate i think i can help you a fair bit.i have celiac disease and so does my entire family so i know a lot about celiac disease.my sister and i both had fissures,i had mine chronic for 5 years.i dont have them anymore let me explain.the disease causes mineral deficiencys because we dont absorb then properly this is what causes all the problems which are numerous.i had a hair mineral test done and it explained everything.calcium to high magnesium to low called high calcium/magnesium ratio.once i corrected this the fissures completely healed and so did all other ploblems.see calciums job is to contract cells inside the body and magnesium relaxes them when magnesium is low calcium permanentaly contracts the anal sphinter this is what causes the fissures when we have a bowel movement once you correct the imbalance they begin to heal because magnesium gets into the sphinter muscle it relaxes it so it opens up easily so the tearing stops,also magnesium helps alot with sore healing so it is a bit of both.now when it comes to magnesium supplements doctors have no idea.i tried all sorts of mag but these are the 2 that worked magnesium amino acid chelate form 1000mg a day without runny stools also rubbed magnesium oil all over my body once a day started to work after about a week four months later my magnesium levels finaly come back up i have never had anal fissures since not even a hint it worked for my sister as well.dont be scared of high magnesium intake because the kidneys get rid of any eccess for you as long as you dont have kidney disease.the problem with magnesium most people do not know how to take it properly.dont be afraid of celiac disease it is actually a blessing in disguise these are a list of symptoms i am now free of,carpal tunnel both wrists,ibs syndrome,headaches and light headed,sore cramping muscles,joint pain everywhere,skin rashes,sciatica,insomnia,weak and tired all the time the list goes on.by the way when it comes to diet be carefull with all the gluten free snacks out there they are high in sugars and carbohydrades this is a trap because sugars strip the body of a lot of your minerals.my diet is meat,vegetables,friut nuts and eggs all other foods [breads,cereals snacks grains and dairy products]i dont touch.see dairy has about a 10/1 calcium/magnesium ratio which is not heathy we are not designed to eat these processed foods like we have been told plus drink lots of water not coffee and fruit juices to high in sugar.hope this helps someone ask me a question if you like.
magnesium
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Bobcat » 19 Mar 2011, 07:30

Hi Mag!
I'm in a vicious cycle with my fissure, it had healed, and my surgeon had recommended that I start to introduce a more normal diet (I had been living on soup and weetabix for months!!) So, that was 2 weeks ago, I've had 2 instances of bleeding again, and I can feel that old pain creeping back. I'm just to scared to go any further, so back to soup and weetabix I go! I know it works!! Your advice on magnesium is really interesting! For me one of the worst symptoms was the spasms from the sphincter muscles......agony!! I'm going to look into magnesium to help get this back on track.
Thanks!!
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby saintkilledher » 24 Mar 2013, 04:25

im a celiac and AF sufferer . I blame it on all the antibiotics i took.i developed candida too wich is linked to causing AF's and celiac.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby saintkilledher » 26 Mar 2013, 19:38

magnesium so true when i figured out i was alergic to gluten i cut out all the badies all sugar and soy and ate mostly 75% raw vegan i went from having no energy mouth ulcers rashes nerves aching legs and ankles insomia ringing in the ears to feeling amazing in just 2 days but as soon as i started eating sugar my energy and sleeping went down hill..sugars and flours and wheat are not good at all eiether is soy because its so processed now with female hormones.eating raw and mono meals is so good and you feel alive.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16