This is what we need on this site!

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

This is what we need on this site!

Postby Ever the Optimist » 23 Mar 2013, 18:03

Great idea to the moderators and everyone who's proposed it!
When I first stumbled on this site about a year ago, success stories were some of the first things I was desperately searching for, for hope. I also have my own success stories to add on both a chronic fissure and fistula removal, for those who haven't read my past posts. Watch this space!!!......You CAN get through and beat these issues :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Re: This is what we need on this site!

Postby Luka » 24 Mar 2013, 00:52

Yes, I agree. We really need this section so people can remain hopeful and learn from what others have done to heal their fissure(s). I'm looking forward to reading future success stories. : ) I really hope I will be one of them, too.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby Reni » 26 Mar 2013, 16:55

I hope I will share my story one day! Hopefully soon.
Reni
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby CrackinUp » 27 Mar 2013, 13:45

I'm virtually completely healed now after 8 weeks on GTN, and a stricter than strict routine. I will be creating a story as soon as I have time.
My fissure closed after 5 weeks and gave me a bit more trouble after that but I'm almost irritation free.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Luka » 28 Mar 2013, 00:03

Great to hear, CrackinUp! I'm glad you're doing better.
For myself, I still have a couple more weeks on Diltiazem. I'm not sure if I've hit a wall or not, though, since I'm still having minor pain (mainly a raw, sore feeling) in the area from time to time (it's not constant). I'm not sure if that's normal or not with healing. Other than that, I've been okay. I did look at the fissure and it seems like it's still open, though (never had any bleeding with it, though), so I'm not sure what to think. I guess I'd have to go back to my CRS and have him attempt to look at it (it's more internal, though, so it's hard to see), although I cannot afford to go back and see him at the moment (no health insurance and I have dental bills to pay right now).
I hope and pray I can add my success story here soon, too. Hopefully without surgery of any kind!
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

What's your criteria for Success

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2013, 09:08

So what is your criteria of success, 6 months no AF's 12 months.
That was mine. I'd figured if these slit demons did not re-open for 12 months, and they used to open every few weeks give or take........I'm good.
I know everyone will be a little different in their criteria, and trust me I had some false beliefs in the past that I was sure I had beat mine.
Wish you all Smooth Passings.
Last edited by Guest on 28 Mar 2013, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: heading