Canasa Suppository

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Canasa Suppository

Postby Juls814 » 02 Apr 2013, 14:34

Hi everyone,
I had a second opinion by another CRS today- he is very well known and has a great reputation.
He told me to stop nifedipine and prescribed me Canasa suppositories. I haven't been able to find much info on their use in treatment of anal fissures, but he said he was prescribing a new course of treatment. I searched the site and looks like there was mention of them on here but not recently, I was wondering if anyone else ever tried it?
Thanks!
Juls814
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: Canasa Suppository

Postby Jackmaniac » 02 Apr 2013, 14:59

Interesting! I just started these for my possible ulcerative colitis (which I originally thought was a fissure). It does seem to be helping whatever I do have going on. I've only been using it for 3 days though,but if your fissure is visable not sure how it'll help. I think it melts above the anal canal.
Jackmaniac
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Juls814 » 02 Apr 2013, 15:20

Thank you.
Well, I am sorry to hear about the possibility of ulcerative colitis, and saw that these were prescribed normally for that. I was able to find something online where this was prescribed for people to also treat the cause of the inflammation of the rectum, and my bouts with constipation no doubt inflamed mine, which perhaps caused my fissure?The old thread I found on here someone posted that their Dr had a patient with a chronic fissure heal from it.
I have never had anything like this that leaves me open to trying anything- and this Dr. has a fantastic reputation. And I will try anything before surgery. The Dr I saw last week met me Wed, DID not examine my fissure ( his asst did) and told me he could operate Friday. No thanks.
Juls814
Fibre Addict

Postby Jackmaniac » 02 Apr 2013, 15:46

If it decreases inflammation it'll probably help you from straining. I found that I had less pain when sitting. I think it has been making me more tired but too soon to tell if it's from it or not. I'm just really dreading that it's gonna thin my hair. They're annoyingly bulbous though; definently wet with water or lubricant beforehand.
Jackmaniac
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Juls814 » 02 Apr 2013, 15:52

Thank you, they are bulbous. Thank you so much for the feedback, I never heard of them before and after all my internet research I was suprised they never came up. I don't think it will thin your hair- I know it said possible side effect, but they always have to state the possibilities, no matter how rare.
Juls814
Fibre Addict