Having Blood after 4 weeks

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Having Blood after 4 weeks

Postby John75 » 02 Apr 2013, 20:22

Hello everyone im 4 weeks out of LIS surgery and Ive been taking a cap of Mirlax and 3 Colace at night to help the morning bowel movement to be soft. I saw my CRS last week and he said I was 95 percent healed. Ive noticed here and there would be some blood on wipe after a bm. Well Today I had a discouraging moment after a bm my 3rd one of the day there was a lot more blood than ususal on wipe and it just feels somewhat uncomfortable. The bm was soft also. Im freaking out because my bms felt normal today and I really dont want the chronic fissure to comeback i cant go through that pain again! My question to anyone that can help out there is how long is it supposed to bleed or could it bleed after LIS? Im not even sure if my bm's are good now and I feel like I have to revaluate what im doing. Its Very Discouraging and frustrating anyone out there that has any advice I can use some help.
John75
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Having Blood after 4 weeks

Postby suzyljank » 02 Apr 2013, 21:10

Hi, LIS is done to relax the sphincter muscle, this lets blood flow to the area again and allows your fissure to heal. It could take your fissure itself 4-8 weeks to heal, also your surgery site needs to heal. Keeping your stools easy to pass is a must but I wouldn't worry too much about the blood you describe. After having 3 bms the area is probably just a little irritated. Even if you had no butt problems multiple trips to the bathroom in one day can make yor bottom sore. Try soaking in warm water for a bit. Best of luck Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby John75 » 02 Apr 2013, 21:49

Thank you Suzy, I was absolutely terrified it feels somewhat uncomfortable also after the bleeding but I think you may be right some days are gonna be better than others with this as it does take a while to heal. I took a warm water bath that has helped. I was so worried though because the doc said I was 95 percent healed and than this. I was just hoping that maybe the bleeding is part of the healing process. Im doing what I can to keep bms soft I appreciate your help though thank you!
John75
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 03 Apr 2013, 02:04

Try not to worry. Yes, there may be some trauma to the area after 3 bm's, and the sight of blood is always scary... But the lis would have relaxed the area, so any further damage to the fissure will be able to heal, unlike before.
Keep things soft.... Keep up your fissure regime for a while longer and I bet things will get back on track in no time!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby John75 » 03 Apr 2013, 17:04

Thank you OMB x! I just noticed today though I felt I had to use the bathroom as I sat down I passed a lot of gas and urinating for some reason if I move the spinchter muscle sliughtly I can feel the area if im trying to stop urinating and move the muscle I felt a sharp pain, as I wiped because it didnt feel normal there was blood on the wipe and I noticed the area was bleeding without even having a bm, is this supposed to happen thiis may be want happned yesterday also
John75
Fibre Addict