Diltiazem and loose BMs/diarrhea?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Diltiazem and loose BMs/diarrhea?

Postby BS » 30 Mar 2013, 20:47

I'm on Day 19 of treatment with Diltiazem and while there's a lot less of spasmodic pain, what I do have now is loose BMs - not diarrhea exactly, but BMs that are loose enough to cause soreness and burning. I'm quite anxious because I don't know if/when this will turn into a bout of diarrhea and then of course I've had it! It can't be the food I'm eating because I've been on a strictly fissure-friendly diet, so then could it be the diltiazem? I googled for side-effects of dilt and some sites do mention GI complications including diarrhea and constipation.
Anyone on dilt with the same experience, and, if so, what steps are you taking to deal with it? Thanks!
BS
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Diltiazem and loose BMs/diarrhea?

Postby BS » 05 Apr 2013, 04:08

No one responded to my query and I'm not surprised! Turned out that it wasn't the diltiazem at all. The loose BMs/diarrhea were, I'm guessing, due to gluten allergy. I gave up wholewheat, oats and other stuff that I thought might contain gluten and I'm okay now (fingers crossed!) Just thought I should add this update so that no one reading this topic is misled. Take care folks and heal well!
BS
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2