huge improvement!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

huge improvement!!!

Postby Guest » 04 Dec 2007, 18:50

People, I have been pain-free and no bleeding for about three weeks now!!! It's UNBELIEVABLE. I don't really know how this happened but I think it may be one of two things:
1. Three weeks ago I went for an hour-long therapeutic massage. He paid much attention to my shoulders but also my tailbone area and glutes which are always sore due to bowling. The next day, I had a pain-free BM with no blood. I haven't had an uncomfortable BM since.
2. Also about 3 weeks ago, my TCM person gave me some new herbs for my rosacea. They are anti-inflammatory, heat-reducing, blood-circulating herbs containing a high dose of boswellia (frankincense). It's not doing much for my rosacea, but it might have solved my fissure problems by clearing inflammation from my digestive system. I have much better digestion overall and more energy.
This has come as a major surprise for me but I am very happy. Hopefully I can stay on these herbs long enough to let my anus heal completely. But like I said I don't know if it's the massage or the herbs or both - either way, I'm healing for the first time in a year. Just think: at this time last year I went for LIS... it's been a long road.
I'll keep you updated and I'm sending you all some of my awesome healing vibes!

Re: huge improvement!!!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Dec 2007, 19:33

G,
Great news!
BTW, I have just started using Atopalm cream for my rosacea and it has wiped it out (so far, anyway!)...
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 04 Dec 2007, 20:22

massage is always good.....especially if you can relax that much and notice the difference.
great news g!!!!!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 04 Dec 2007, 21:52

That is wonderful news!!! Well, this week will tell if it was the massage or the boswellia if you don't have another massage. I'm so happy for you! *Sigh* To be pain-free for one day....

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2007, 08:15

You go, girl! Thanks for checking in. I wonder what else is in the herbal remedy. Do you know the name of it?

Postby juney » 05 Dec 2007, 21:46

yay G!! i'm so happy for you :) whatever works, stick with it!!!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 06 Dec 2007, 14:27

That sounds great. makes me want to run out any buy some boswellia.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 07 Dec 2007, 07:19

ARGH.
I spoke too soon, it seems. Had some pain (usual scraping pain with BM) this morning and some blood on the TP. Which leads me to believe that it was the massage that helped. What do you guys think? My sense is that I should get another massage and see if it stops hurting/bleeding again, and then I'll know for sure.
Lecia, the name of the herb remedy I'm taking is "Trauma 1 Formula", by Golden Flower Chinese Herbs. It contains several herbs that are anti-inflammatory, blood-circulating, and heat-reducing. Boswellia is the main herb. I'm not sure it's working but I'll finish the bottle just to see.
I also have begun seeing a chiropractor because my tailbone area (fissure stress, bowling) and shoulders (deskjob) are so sore. She did a treatment yesterday and I'm going back to see her on Monday.
Anyway, that's it for me but I thought I should keep you guys updated.

Postby Guest » 07 Dec 2007, 08:54

Did you eat anything that could potentially scrape on the way out?
Maybe you can put some KY jelly right inside before you go to protect the area.

I would keep up with the massage. It may help to relax your pelvis and muscles there so your sphincter works better. Plus it just feels good!