WOW! This site just gets better and better......

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

WOW! This site just gets better and better......

Postby Ever the Optimist » 10 Apr 2013, 13:32

Really - Just when I thought the site couldn't get any better!!!.....
Anyone who has read my posts will know I have had the abscess, fistula and very successful surgery. I'll be back to post my tale very soon! :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Re: WOW! This site just gets better and better......

Postby Savaici » 10 Apr 2013, 13:33

:D
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Kristy38 » 08 May 2013, 08:42

Looking forward to reading your post, Optimist! I have had Fistula surgery, but I have had haemorrhoid surgery and anal fissures too... so it's hard to tell whether the pain is coming from the fistula or the fissure! My doctor tells me my fistula is healing well though!
Kristy38
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Ever the Optimist » 08 May 2013, 14:06

Wow Kristy,
Just been reading your other post and it's people like yourself that really put things into perspective for others. Your suffering has been horrific and your attitude and strength towards it all is truly encouraging. Anyone suffering a fissure suffers - there's no denying the effects it has, but to go through everything you have is truly a huge test. You have been through a LOT. I really hope my thread helps you at least deal with the fistula part of your issues and if it's not a major fistula and is as small & superficial as mine was, you will hopefully have no issues in dealing with this and getting through it all. Infact, compared to everything else, I'm hoping it will be a breeze for you! It's extremely encouraging that your doc says you are healing well and fistulas generally do heal very successfully with rarely any reoccurrence (unlike our fissure friends!) If the fistula surgery was a while ago, it is more than likely that the pain is still coming from the fissure (they are relentless!) If your surgery was recent, it could still be that but you will in time, be able to distinguish between the two types of pain. Gosh, sending you a big healing hug and hoping that things suddenly start to pick up for the best for you.........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Kristy38 » 09 May 2013, 08:58

Those are lovely things for you to say! I am trying very hard to be optimistic and strong, but I guess everyone has their down days.
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. It must be hard for you too! I had a bit of comedy of errors tonight, was trying to have a sitz bath in the laundry sink as the water to salt ratio was better, but I ended up half-naked with water everywhere! Might have to come up with a better solution!
I'm looking forward to my meeting with my surgeon tomorrow morning, to see what he can come up with. Onwards and upwards!
Kristy38
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2