Better to keep it dry or moist with a cream?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Better to keep it dry or moist with a cream?

Postby restoremybody » 24 Jul 2012, 14:41

Hey, maybe this has been addressed here but I didn't see it immediatly. Just wondering today- my AF is mostly inside but some outside anus too- is it better to keep it dry to heal- or better to be putting on vitamin e or wheatgrass cream to keep it moist? Which helps healing? Is keeping it always moist keeping the skin too tender? Just curious thanks
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: Better to keep it dry or moist with a cream?

Postby Anonymon » 28 Mar 2013, 15:33

I'm interesting in knowing too. Oil or method aside, is it better to keep the area dry, or moist, to promote healing, and/or stop spasms?
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2013, 16:06

So from what I heard, for cut wounds and tears like ours a moist dressing is beast, but other types of wounds in different parts of the body may need other methods.
This coming from mydr dot com.
HTH

Postby Vin » 28 Mar 2013, 17:13

In my case it doesn't seem to matter this is a brutal if not impossible area to keep dry by nature. Such a vicious cycle anyhow it may be a case of see what works for you. I tried keeping dry with gauze and TP stuffed up there it either caused further discomfort or wouldn't stay put. Nitro and coconut oil have been helpful for me so creams have been better but it is a slow process filled with 2 steps forward and one step back. Looking forward to finishing this marathon someday! Image
Vin
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Savaici » 28 Mar 2013, 17:31

Be gentle when cleaning, and use only water. No soap. definitely do not put anything up, lke TP. You risk infection in that way, in my opinion, something to avoid like the plague...Dab with damp TP (Cottonelle is what I use) to clean off. Never rub!!!
Dry gently and apply a little petroleum jelly.
My tried and true method (and have tried quite a few other things).
Good luck.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby ottawagirl » 12 Apr 2013, 18:50

So I'm new to this Site and new to talking to anyone besides my sisterabout what's going on.
I've had this problem since late November & I'm at the stage where I want to cry just thinking about using the bathroom. Lastnight was my last & painfulest bm ever!! I had an anxiety attack & cried before and after... I'm at the point where I never want to eat again.. That or cut my ass off! During the day I ache,burn & itch.
I'm 23 & I feel so helpless, sad, worried.. & everything else..
I've been too emergency twice the first time he looked and put his finger in there I felt totally violated.. He recommended I take metimucal & purchase anusol..he also gave me a bit of thisclear jelly & said itwould numbthe area... The numbing gel burns when put onbut makes it bareable to move around.. The anusol does no justice nor does the metimucal.......
Heeeelpppppp :(
ottawagirl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby sgtsparky » 14 Apr 2013, 14:04

In my experience its been best to just keep it clean, whether dry or moist, meaning usually a protectant cream like Calmoseptine helps.
Ottawa you've got company, I was the same age when I was going through it too. A few things you can try to calm with a bm is to hum or talk to yourself to loosen the muscles down there. Also leaning to a certain side may help and hovering as well. If its freshly sore, you can also help by applying some kind of lubrication like vasoline or preparation h with a finger cot. You should definitely make an appointment with a Colorectal Dr/Surgeon as they will give you a good diagnosis and remedy. Much better than emergency room/normal Dr.
sgtsparky
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2