Possible infection

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Possible infection

Postby andyk123 » 15 Apr 2013, 12:38

So i had LIS surgery about 15 days ago, and whilst the fissure pain has gone since the day of the surgery, I am having some problems with my incision
The pain was initially steadily improving, but in the last 4 days its getting worse. I have also been noticing pus. I went to GP today, who quickly looked at it, saw pus, and prescribed anti biotics.
I got home and looked at it, and i noticed there is what looks like a hole where the incision is. I can see an incision cut, and then what looks like a hole right next to what I think is a pile.
Feeling abit worried as to what this is.
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: Possible infection

Postby marg6043 » 15 Apr 2013, 12:53

andyk123 sorry to hear that now you have to deal with a new problem after all you have been going through out your fissure journey, I have read that is not uncommon to develop an abscess and even a fistula after having surgery.
I am sure that you doctor will work with you to fix whatever is now going on after your surgery.
Again I am sorry you are having problems again, if the doctor do not seem worry about it then you should not either and take the meds and take it from there, I know, I know that you are the one suffering but hang in there. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Re: Possible infection

Postby owmybum » 15 Apr 2013, 15:37

Andy,
So sorry to hear you have a set back!
Could you ring mr W's secretary and arrange a phone call with him to discuss your current symptoms?
Hopefully it's just a minor infection, and the antibiotics will do their work.
Keep everything clean, drink plenty of fluids to flush through, and try to rest up for a couple of days.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !