Ahem... sex question

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Ahem... sex question

Postby Anne37 » 01 May 2013, 21:30

So... how long did everyone wait to start having sex with spouses/partners after surgery? Did you wait until you were pain free or for the okay from your CRS? Not that I'm wanting to rush into things 6 days out of surgery, but I miss the connection with my man and am searching for that "light at the end of the tunnel" feeling.... Ho-hum! Image
Last edited by Anne37 on 01 May 2013, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: missing words
Anne37
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Ahem... sex question

Postby Kristy38 » 11 May 2013, 12:28

Hi Anne,
In my experience (and I've had 5 surgeries in the last 6 months), I waited until I had a day where the pain was very minimal, and even then, was very cautious and careful as not to have any "slip-ups", which could end up in a lot of pain. I think it's up to you as to how comfortable you feel, but theres no reason why you can't go ahead! Just be careful!
I have to admit that I haven't had a lot of it in the last 6 months, because my pain has been to high, but maybe once a fortnight (which is a LOT less than anyone would like, I am sure!).
Go for it, when you feel ready, and take care :)
Kristy38
Fibre Addict

Postby Anne37 » 13 May 2013, 20:58

Thanks for the encouragement, Kristy! Wow, 5 surgeries in 6 months? Do you mind if I ask what they were for specifically? My three week check up (post surgery) is this Friday and I decided to hold off on doing anything until then. I think my fissure is definitely healed, but I still have some pain at the incision site so....
Anne37
Fibre Addict

Postby Kristy38 » 13 May 2013, 23:37

Hi Anne,
My first surgeries were two haemorrhoidectomies, third was banding some more haemorrhoids, plus I had a fissure so I had botox injected into it. Fourth surgery was for an anal fistula, I had a seton (or drain) put into it, which is still there. And the last surgery was more Botox and manual evacuation.
This time, I am having my fistula laid open, more botox, and the LIS surgery. So number 6!! I'm hoping it works this time!!
I think it's fairly wise to wait until your check up. Then at least you know what's happening down there, and if the surgeon says you are healing well, you can feel more confident about going forward with everything that you want to!
Kristy38
Fibre Addict

Postby Ceeteefeebs » 23 May 2013, 22:21

Hey ladies... I hope I'm not the only one in this boat, but three weeks post-LIS and I'm still too terrified of sex (and especially of having an orgasm) to try it. I'm not really having spasms anymore (maybe the occasional tiny one), but I have to make a conscious effort still to relax the muscles down yonder to stave off discomfort and pain. The fissure pain is getting better, but it's still there. I'm afraid that my muscles will tense up and cause a set back or spasms. Geez, if this isn't just an embarrassment sandwich... then I don't know what is. How will I know when it's safe to do the horizontal mamba? How long did you wait after a bad fissure flare up and/or LIS? Am I freaking out for nothing?
Ceeteefeebs
Salt Bather

Topics: 11