Hard Bump outside of rectum?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hard Bump outside of rectum?

Postby littlebutterfly » 29 Apr 2013, 19:45

I have a hard lump that almost feels like a large scab on the rear posterior of my anus. Outside of the hole. Is that a skin tag? There is also an oval shaped red bulging swollen piece of skin. And the muscles all around my anus when I touch them hurt very badly? Any insight as to what this is? Is it all fissure related? I have LIS Friday. But it seems like there are many layers to this.....
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Re: Hard Bump outside of rectum?

Postby Anonymon » 30 Apr 2013, 13:13

The red thing sounds like a hemorrhoid, supported by the general swelled description of the area you have. The lump is likely a sentinel pile, but more info would be helpful. What's it look like?
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby littlebutterfly » 30 Apr 2013, 13:55

It looks like it is in the shape of a rounded arrow. Larger away from the anus and more narrow towards the rectum with the hard bump appearing there. Red and bulging and inflamed. The doctor said it was an extension of the fissure on the outside but it looks like a hemmhoroid to me!
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Postby Anonymon » 01 May 2013, 06:01

When your doctor said it's part of the fissure, they're probably talking about it being a sentinel pile. But you can have a hemorrhoid and sentinel pile at the same time, even on top of each other. I did!
Hydrocortisone took care of my hemorrhoids.
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby TearingPain » 04 May 2013, 22:39

You better check it out.
I always thought I have anal fissures, due to my symptoms are exactly like anal fissures.
But I'm wrong. I was in the E.R room yesterday, and the physican there do an anal exam, and he saw a thrombosed external hemorrhoid sticking out of my butt.
This certainly explain all the blood and pain that I experience during my bowel movement, and I do feel a lump on my anus too.
Now I am very scare, this is my first time have a hemorrhoid sticking out of my anus.
What to do? Anyone have hemorrhoid please tell me how to cope with this, no surgery please, I have no health insurance.
TearingPain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3