seat cushion

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

seat cushion

Postby katrina77 » 06 May 2013, 11:45

I have donut hole cushion for car (looks like small inner tube), but doesn't work for desk chair at work. Pushes me forward at work and bothers my back.
Anyone find seat cushion for chair at work? I am also going to be on long flight- does anyone know of cushion that works for that?
Thanks.
katrina77
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: seat cushion

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 06 May 2013, 22:28

I happen to be the proud owner of about 10 seat cushions, since the onset of my bad AF on Dec 22! Some have helped, most haven't. My 'donut' is getting 'donated' soon (OK, pun intended). It never made it past a very short sit. The best one I have found for home or office sitting was provided by a Guest at this forum. The link is:
http://icnshop.com/cgi-bin/ustorekeeper.pl?command=goto&file=DailyComfort-ChairCushions.html
It's the one with foam under both legs but nothing down the middle. I love mine! They have them for different weights as well.
I just ordered an inflatable cushion to take on a flight next week, but haven't tried it yet. I also use a dense foam cushion I bought a while ago at Office Depot in my car.
I hate sitting, because it strains my fissure, but sometimes you just have to! I hope you can learn from my mistakes. The other one I didn't like was made for people with tailbone issues (a cut-out hole towards the back). Perhaps others have different experiences? :)
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Re: seat cushion

Postby katrina77 » 07 May 2013, 05:43

Thanks, Just Pain Tired. I am going to give this one a try.
I have been using donut hole in car for about 9 months, but not sure if it helps. or makes worse. Too inflated at one point but not sure what is proper level of inflation.
katrina77
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2