Natural Remedies to Soothe and Decrease Burning?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Natural Remedies to Soothe and Decrease Burning?

Postby littlebutterfly » 07 May 2013, 09:24

Four days post-op. Burning and pain really bad. Largely outside where sentinel pile removed. Also inside. Anyone try coconut oil, honey with olive oil, calendula or comfrey salve? I want to help the pile site soothe and heal and expediate it. Any home remedies that worked for you?
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Re: Natural Remedies to Soothe and Decrease Burning?

Postby Anonymon » 07 May 2013, 20:59

Coconut Oil during the day and Raw Organic Honey at night works wonders for me, and I hear many around here saying the same.
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby Ever the Optimist » 08 May 2013, 11:34

Coconut oil is fabulous - I never tried the honey myself.
It's soothing, moisturising and just generally makes that area feel pretty "normal"...I insert a little into the anal opening and some on the outside. Make sure you go for the RAW organic virgin oil. It lasts ages too. Natural Aloe Vera is also great but can be a little irritating for some people....Coconut Oil alone comes out as my winner but I think you still need to be a little careful about applying anything topical on an open wound? You could always ask and check that out though?
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby howtobepositive » 09 May 2013, 20:28

Im 9 days post op and still have a lot of burning pain....gosh I thought this would go away! Anyway my doc sid to use the cream that kids use for diaper rashes - main ingredient is zinc-oxide, its available over the counter. I tried it, not the greatest but does give some comfort. I wonder if prepH or anusol would be something to consider for us??
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby Ever the Optimist » 10 May 2013, 01:55

Hi Howtobepositive,
PrepH is pretty natural, so you can continue to use that and in a good quantity for as long as you feel necessary. I do find it soothing and actually prefer it to Anusol, which I don't use so often these days. This is however also very soothing and possibly more effective than PrepH. I've tried them all out trust me!!! Nothing has come close to Coconut Oil for me but I do try to alternate creams so I don't develop any resistance to them.....Baby cream is good but as you have found, not so effective as others in my opinion too.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again