Anal sex/Painless chronic fissure (presumably) related query

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Anal sex/Painless chronic fissure (presumably) related query

Postby Ever the Optimist » 10 May 2013, 06:48

Josh,
Get a second opinion please!
I'm in your situation and dealing with a minor skin tag issue too - Saw my CRS this morning who confirmed the fissure had finally healed and yes, there is a skin tag, but he would never ever touch it because it can can lead to even more issues. He even advised me he's against hems banding and I also completely trust his opinion.
I'm also hoping to find a way of assisting the shrinking of my skin tag and I have read some very positive accounts with both natural aloe vera and witchazel, which I've yet to trial properly.
You have a great day too Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Re: Anal sex/Painless chronic fissure (presumably) related query

Postby ImpressiveInstant21 » 10 May 2013, 07:32

Thanks Ever the Optimist,
it's all just very frustrating to have all of these varying opinions. Do you think if I booked an appointment with a surgeon and spoke to and showed it to him, he would give me the definite answer that I need?
I don't really know where else I could go. I have two doctors and, as I have said, both of them are aware of my skin tag. Surely if I saw a surgeon they would advise me if I was making the wrong decision.
I don't understand why my doctor would seem so confident. Does anyone know why this may be? Could it be because other people's skin tags have often formed due to something else? For example, Ever the Optimist, you have stated that you had a fissure, whilst owmybum, on the other hand, had a hemorrhoid too, whereas I just have a skin tag. The doctor said to me when I saw him yesterday 'it could be a lot worse', which makes me think he's not just talking poop and obviously has a strong awareness and knowledge on this, lol.
xoxoxo
ImpressiveInstant21
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1