Hopeless

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Hopeless

Postby littlebutterfly » 14 May 2013, 04:01

Thank you. I cannot do painkillers. I have a very sick body. Lyme Disease. 27 gut infections. Fibromyalgia. Chronic Fatigue. Allergies to the world. The list goes on. I do very poorly on medications. Way too many side effects. But this will heal yes? He also said that enema use was fine as I do not evacuate on my own. Think that is making it a but harder for me to heal. Anyways. Thank you.
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Postby littlebutterfly » 14 May 2013, 04:03

My heating pad is a Godsend right now. Might sound silly. But I'm wondering if the crystals and abscorbic acid in emergen c is perhaps aggravating things. I have a hunch it is!
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Postby Anne37 » 14 May 2013, 04:51

Hi, littlebutterfly,
I am 2 1/2 weeks out of LIS, fissurectomy and skin tag removal. I would say the first week was awful, but I started feeling a bit better on day 6. Each day got a tiny bit better and at this point, although I have setbacks pain-wise, it is manageable without pain meds. The only discomfort I think I'm having now is from the incision site rather than the fissure (which I think is fully healed). The pain is also more of a painful itch that you can't scratch than anything else - very annoying, but tolerable in comparison the pain I've dealt with in the past.
Keep your head up and know that it will get better - slowly but surely! Also, someone else on here said to gage your recovery process on a weekly basis vs. daily basis and that has helped me keep perspective. The healing process can feel so slow day to day because it's harder to notice tiny improvements. Keep us informed and hang in there!
Anne37
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2