Hi!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hi!

Postby bherna1 » 15 Dec 2007, 00:25

trying using wipes without scent or witchhazel from CVS. I use Aloe gel in a clear tube from the same place. It dosent have alcohol in it and keeps my fissue and abbess from flarring up. Tolet paper to me is like sand paper. Too rough. The Aloe gel will keep the sting away and pain and swelling.
My two cents
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: Hi!

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Dec 2007, 01:56

Yes, unfortunately you will have to experiment until you find what works for you. Miralax for me was "deadly" but milk of magnesia was fine as long as I would take 1 or 2 TEA spoons. I also used mineral oil because it was great lubricant - poop would just slip out without friction and it helped me heal my firs fissure. BUT, today my CRS told me that she is strongly against mineral oil because it protects colon too much so it becomes than too sensitive to normal friction when you stop using it ! I just got my second fissure and I think that could be the culprit - I stopped using oil : (((( and although poop was semi-soft and smooth and without hard tip - I had feeling that sandpaper is passing down and sure enough next day I had a new fissure.
God luck and I wish you fast recovery !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here