Craziest thoeries for why AF won't heal

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Craziest thoeries for why AF won't heal

Postby levelworm » 02 Jun 2013, 07:29

What's your diet? Can you provide more information?
levelworm
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby splinterboy1984 » 02 Jun 2013, 19:41

the only time i truly healed was when i was out of the country for 14 days. I was in a very hot place (india) and i wonder if the heat is what healed me....unfortuantely i started eating bad when i came back (old habits). Unfortunately i cant go back because of job issues but i always wondered what the reason was???do people in hot climates 110 - 120 degrees heal faster??
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Port » 02 Jun 2013, 22:03

Stress is a big factor with me too, it messes with so many things besides your head. I'm an introvert and 'events' and 'family' can really stress me out. Having a sibling with life long mental issues has been a constant stress.
Splinterboy1984, as far as heat helping to heal, as least in my case summer weather tends to dehydrate me so I have to constantly push the water. Maybe it does heal wounds faster or do something to your system that helps. Maybe it was the food in India.
Port
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 02 Jun 2013, 23:26

Some other ideas. I, too, had a much better trip than anticipated. I did eat carefully (but more liberally) than at home. One thing I discovered was more physical. This is a little 'personal' but what the heck. The hotel I stayed in had a bath right next to the toilet. I have no bath at home. So a combination of hot baths (am and pm) and also having a way to 'lift' off the toilet a little (alievating pressure on the AF) allowed me to have BM's just once a day. I think this is similar to those squatting proponents on the site. SO, your details may be different, but is there anything else (in addition to stress levels) that may have changed with your travels??We're all searching for what helps and what doesn't! :)
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby thisunpleasant » 03 Jun 2013, 09:41

Thanks for all the replies.
I was in a very hot tropical climate for a week, and I also felt much better there.
And then I was in a cooler climate for 3 weeks but I was walking a lot (at least 8 hours a day) and drinking a fair amount of water. I was also taking hot baths at least once a day, which felt great too...
thisunpleasant
Fibre Addict

Topics: 15