New here any advice please?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here any advice please?

Postby Please help!! » 04 Jun 2013, 22:03

Hey there I am just new to this site, although I've read a lot from it. I have been bed ridden now for three weeks. My days go like this.. Morning I wake and first thing BM of what feels like knives. Straight to the bath for an hour or so, lay in bed always on my stomach and until I can't bare the pain anymore i go back and sick/lay in the bath where the pain is less greater, I had to quit my job also. I eat only fruit and veges and a juice every morning. I hav the LIS surgery in two weeks but I can't bare this anymore. I've done soooo much research and can't believe I havnt found anyone one particular solution. If anyone has advice I would so greatly appreciate it. And it helps so much to know I'm not the only one going through this. Much love xx
Please help!!
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: New here any advice please?

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 04 Jun 2013, 23:04

It is really difficult to deal with, we all know that. Really, really painful. So sorry you are dealing with it too! There are a lot of things that can help. It sounds as though you are trying to make it to your surgery date. I, too, suffered through weeks of daily unbelieveable pain. At times I felt I should be in the hospital to be cared for. It was difficult to walk from one part of my house to the other. Today, I'm not 'normal' but I am surviving...thus far without surgery....though if someone suggested it way back when I probably would have been game!. Every time I got in for help, they either suggested I wait (and try to heal through management measures) or I was feeling improved and didn't want to go for it. So, today, I know my decisions have varied over time. Pain levels have varied over time.
Advice. You can eat more than only fruits and veggies. You will feel better and no matter what you eat you still have to poop sometime!!!!! You need to keep your strength up for the road ahead. How about oatmeal? Or brown rice? Cooked veggies with some protein. As you will find from reading various posts, most people use something to keep their poops soft. Miralax, docusate sodium, magnesium, etc. I find if I use too much in the way of softeners I have to go more often. Too runny, especially diarrhea-like hurts like hell, too! Don't over-do the raw veggies and fruits (and fiber supplements), you don't want too much bulk either. Enjoy your baths/hot soaks. They kept me sane. I don't have a tub but bought a sitz bath (familiar with these from childbirth!) and it has been my best friend. Not too long, just 5 to 10 minutes after a bm and at least twice per day (longer in a tub). Nice hot water. Then, you should have some kind of ointment to calm any spasms of your sphincter muscle (nifedipine, diltiazem) and pain lotion (lidocaine). See the glossary for various forms thereof. I like a heating pad at night for a while. Many of these increase blood flow to the area, thereby helping you heal. You, too, will heal....one way or the other. Please take good care of yourself! Image
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Please help!! » 04 Jun 2013, 23:20

Thank you for a beautiful reply. Man it's so freakin nice to have others to talk with about this and who know exactly what I'm going through. Your right about eating more than veges and fruit, I have been feeling pretty weak and will look at eating some protein, thank you :) I am also using rectogesic cream which helps with the spasms, and when it's unbearable I've had to take strong pain killers but making sure I'm also taking a small amount of laxatives. I so wanted to avoid the surgery but its been too long and too painful for me. It's strange a lot of people suffer them for years but mine was so sudden and stopped my life completely in its tracks. I don't know which is worse! This site is so helpful, I've also read four amazing books by Paulo Coelo while I've been doing nothing else, and I do believe staying positive helps. It's a lesson that perhaps we all need to slow down and enjoy the present.. Now having a day that I'm able to wash the dishes without pain is a actually really enjoyable ha I sound nuts! Anyway love to all sore bums xx
Please help!!
Fibre Addict

Postby afpain123 » 05 Jun 2013, 17:34

I too am a newbie here.I always ate healthy and very rarely had constipation.I was constipated in early March and got this AF and it has turned my life upside down.Had no idea what it was and now really want this to go away.It feels so nice to come to this site and learn from other AF survivors in this ordeal
afpain123
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Kreaybutt » 05 Jun 2013, 17:49

Yes, you'll feel so much better when you start eating more. I've added a shake for my mornings. I put 1 ripe banana, half cup blueberries, half cup strawberries, 2 tbl spoons of peanut butter and a scoop of vega vanilla protein powder. It's delish and has a ton of nutrients. You're so not alone in this, I wake up every morning scared of what my first BM will bring. Sitz baths are life saver. Magnesium also. Chocolate too!
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby marg6043 » 05 Jun 2013, 20:50

Please help!!, hi there, for many fissure sufferers this problem is one that takes time to heal.
Some are lucky and they heal fast and then is the rest of us that have been dealing with this for years.
My last flare up is now 12 months old, I opted for healing without surgery for now, I have a wonderful experienced CRS that recommended surgery but he is working with me to see if I can get over this on my own, yes it was so painful at times that I could not sleep, eat or even live, then the anxiety was another issue, but I have high tolerance to pain so I suffered for months, until the fissure got better, it is not gone but I can live with it and no longer interfere with my quality of life.
It takes trial and error to find something that will work for you on the long term.
I hope your surgery goes well and you find the relief you are looking for.
Please lets us know how your surgery goes and your recovery.
I wish you the best.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Please help!! » 08 Jun 2013, 08:22

Ok so I haven't written in two days and seriously this is CRAZY but since my first message from two days ago where I was in excruciating pain every BM and it taking me SEVERAL hours b4 all pain went away after BM to.... I have been using a thing called Dragons Blood which is a type of tree sap. I'm astonished at the pace I hav healed!!!!!!!!! My three key religious things I've been doing each day are-
1-When ready for BM I have been scwating (spell?) on the toilet (yes with feet on toilet seat, research it!) and absolutely not straining AT ALL, when its ready to come out there should be minimal to no effort! This is a key point we westerners have somehow lost in our instincts-for thousands of years our body's haven't changed so why should the position in which we poop!? And why aren't more people discussing this huge factor? Or should I ask why aren't our surgeons/GP's asking or teaching us this?!
2-Obvious one.. Fibre, good health, ensuring my EVERY BM is soft, it should be much similar to toothpaste texture (no need to touch it to tell) hehe
3-And lucky last..Dragons Blood! I have been using this four to five times a day, it is tree sap and with absolutely no negative side effects, I'm speechless I my first BM in 3 weeks that didn't hurt happened today, my AF was noticeable and the cut came all the way out to the nail size tag I have, which in two days has heals!! So how I use this is with the little thing you insert ear drops with, I use rectogesic as lube and then (this is after a BM followed by a bath..) I lay on the ground bum in air with a mirror, insert little thing squeeze Dragons Blood in side wild pulling it out at also dab on outer anus.
And that's it.. So far I'm amazed and the rapid healing taking place!!
Sorry if this is all over the place I'm so excited to share this, any questions please ask.. And I also know I've got to take my time with this and b patient but I will keep you all up to date.
Also wanted to add to take this painful time to pay attention to your body as I have, learn to listen to it, love it, forgive, be at peace with the moment your in. Visual yourself healing. I think this all helps well it is scientifically proven to..though hard to do when in lot of pain but in the times your not give yourself some love and attention :) love and thoughts to you all xx sorry for babbling
Please help!!
Fibre Addict

Postby Please help!! » 08 Jun 2013, 08:29

Ps when I said completely healed-that is the outer part of the AF which sliced along the tag, the inner part of it is also healing extremely fast and blood has been so much littler than earlier days :) x
Please help!!
Fibre Addict

Postby Please help!! » 08 Jun 2013, 08:36

Pps. Dragons blood is found in health food shops. One of the many websites with info - medicinehunter.com/dragons-blood/
Please help!!
Fibre Addict

Postby Please go-away! » 08 Jun 2013, 10:36

I really need every ones suggestions, whats the best choice? I have a wedding to go to ( my niece's wedding) this Sunday at about 5:00 p.m. Go, don't go..I'm lost. The pain, standing, sitting..it doesn't matter,it hurts.
Now today is Saturday..I last ate yesterday..the BM with spot bleeding plus pain for several hours later, I'm sure you all know the agonizing drill.
I still get some pain, spasms, gas and its hard to stand or walk because of where the fissure is (at the 5:00 position).
My brother said, "If you can't go, then you can't, you will have to play it by ear". It breaks my heart,and wright now the tears are falling. Relatives are coming in to town (its my older sisters daughter that's getting married)this morning or have arrived.
I'm just so lost..don't know what to to do..My family are asking me , are you going, will you be well enough. I can't see my self sitting at my table (on an angle. to try to get comfortable) and only having chicken soup. That's why I'm trying not to eat today only, almond milk, teas, chicken broth and lots of water. It hurts to say I may not be able to go..Please..what to to do..
I'm so torn ed up..No pun intended..I can't type any more, between all the tears and I have to lay down now.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15