HOW MANY FISSURES? AND AGE?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: HOW MANY FISSURES? AND AGE?

Postby ravians » 05 Jun 2013, 00:57

please help : that's gud u have booked LIS that's a wise decision. as after exhausting all conventional methods if AF is not healing then one should go for LIS without any reluctance. at least after that u will on road to healing. do remember u should take care and keep ur pre op routine 3 months post op . wish u all the best
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Luka » 05 Jun 2013, 01:54

Please help!! wrote:28 yo female, I think I may have had very minor AF before in my 20's but now one chronic AF, booked for LIS in two weeks and will let you know how it goes. Never did I know AF's existed or the pain. Since getting my chronic AF I have learnt I was pooping all wrong! Straining, and just wanting to get the hell out of the stinky loo was my cause I believe. Live and learn huh!

Keep us updated on how your surgery goes. I can't afford surgery right now (or even another appointment with a CRS) since I don't have health insurance right now, but it's an option for me in the future. How much pain do you have? Mine comes and goes and is pretty minor compared to months ago, but I can still feel it there. I still take Diltiazem on and off.
I wish you the best of luck with your surgery and hope you get better soon. : )
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby Please go-away! » 05 Jun 2013, 10:57

[b]I'm 51 years old and i think its a fissure (around the 5:00 position) that has re-opened..mmm, but, I'm going back to see my gastro, Doctor, next week too see whats going on. [/b]
I'm new to the much needed site, thank you. I just registered, but a little confused on how to post or bring up a page to talk about my fissure issues.with others or my own issues. My Gastro, Doctor
gave me an ointment 0.2 % nitroglycerine and xylocaine 5%. The pain after a bowel movement wither its soft, thin. loose doesn't matter, the excruciating pain goes on for hours.. Image hens my user name, as " I cry, Please go-away! ".
she gave my Metamucil, I'm to increase my water to 10 cups a day (really) oh my. Well to conclude I took the Metamucil with some lite fibre foods and plenty of water....And the result, major bowel explosion of diarrhea, typical blood on toilet paper and from then on...5:00 p.m till the we hours of the night the pain (even after applying ointment, it was my first application) was enough to crawl in front of traffic..oh my! I called the digestive health clinic (where after my Colonoscopy, the doctor discovered Diverticulitis(my diverticulitis is mild and no pain) and hemorrhoids with they thought at the time a healed over fissure. I re-booked my appointment, to go in earlier on the date of
Wednesday. June /12.
The ointment didn't give me any headaches and I feel it didn't work. Nor did it make me feel dizzy as my doc thought it would, maybe its too early, being my first application.....Oh my I could go on for ever, my poor sisters I called them all night, everybody has there suggestions/advice, eat, don't eat..take this, take that..lol. Well so far I've had jello, chicken broth and water.My bowels are empty any way.
Thank you again for a great site and I'm sure as I speak for every one, a very compassionate and much needed web site. Thank you.
signed....Please go-away! :( P.S I think I figured out how to post my talk,,lol
Last edited by Please go-away! on 06 Jun 2013, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Guest » 05 Jun 2013, 11:36

29 year old, got my first fissure june 2010 healled in feb 2011, got second one feb 2011 healed in oct2011, got my third one in oct 2011...and i think its still lurking, but close to healing, but now it seems i just got 2 more just last month. SOOOO tired of them...finally going to see a CRS soon, but i think its too late for me and my muscles have become too tight. scared.

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 05 Jun 2013, 13:39

Hi I'm 43yrs old. I got my first fissure jan 2012 had Botox July 2012, new fissure march 2013 Botox again march 2013 still not healed having LIS & skintag removal next wed June 12th yikes so scared :(
Deleted User 2543

Postby suzyljank » 05 Jun 2013, 13:50

Hi, Edel94. Good luck on your surgery. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 05 Jun 2013, 14:57

Hi Suzy,
Thank you very much. Can't wait for it to be over trying to keep busy & not think about it but to be honest it's all I think about. I wish you well in your healing you've been through so much. 😊
Deleted User 2543

Postby momof7 » 05 Jun 2013, 19:38

43 yrs old, at least one chronic fissure but I have multiple tags that my CRS has said are probably from former fissures. First hemorrhoids at 21 with birth of second child, the horrible hems with my 5th pregnancy...only theCRS says it was probably my first fissure. So, after Fri I can tell you how many there are...
momof7
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Please go-away! » 06 Jun 2013, 13:43

Edel94 wrote:Hi I'm 43yrs old. I got my first fissure jan 2012 had Botox July 2012, new fissure march 2013 Botox again march 2013 still not healed having LIS & skintag removal next wed June 12th yikes so scared :(

Does the Botox work.. Please write back/post or email..thank you
signed
Please go-away! :(
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 06 Jun 2013, 14:07

Hi please go away,
I sent you a pm 😊
Deleted User 2543